Uplink Report: July 12 2006

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hi there folks. As GoalieBob gets ready to serve our country I am taking a practice shot of doing the uplink report for this week. :)

My thanks to Digiblur for the help. :)

Here we go!

Uplink Activity Report created - 7/12/2006 1:20:18 PM

....SNIP....

Not too bad for it's first run! I'm actually impressed with own work ;) I see it needs a little tweaking but I figured that.

I'll also change the report to show the time stamps of the two compared NIT's.

I will try it again tonight and see what it comes up with. It did say that KBS was added to 119 when it was actually added to 118.7 and it is listed as 118 in the NIT.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I will try it again tonight and see what it comes up with. It did say that KBS was added to 119 when it was actually added to 118.7 and it is listed as 118 in the NIT.

I see the problem and when I get a chance I'll fix the few bugs in the reporting engine. They didn't pop up when I was building it since I only had last weeks little uplink activity to test with.

Folks in case you don't know whats going on, SatelliteGuys member DigiBlur has designed us a Semi Automatic uplink reporting tool.

This software allows us to quickly process the NIT and find changes made to the uplink. The software is currently at Alpha 4 but it looking really good. It has some minor tweeking needed but is almost ready for primetime.

It is my goal in the future to dedicate one of my old laptops to constantly monitor and report changes to the datastream and make it automated so that when Dish makes changes to their channels we see it almost instantly here at SatelliteGuys.

I was like a kid in a candy store today waiting for something to happen at the uplink just so I could try his new tool which he designed for us.

Our thanks go to Digiblur for his hard work on this new tool. :)

digi, if you don't mind - what's elementary steps involved in getting the reports ?
Skip that dish/LNBF/HHmotor/switch/TH102G/TSreader (am I right ?) ... after that ? manual start, record PID 0011h ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)