Uplink Report - Sept 5th

How come no SNY HD ? That channel does loads of HD 24/7. Not only do they do the Met games, but they do all their studio stuff in HD and lots of their magazine type programming in HD. Also, will be doing lots of Jets stuff in HD including pre and post games shows before every game. A little disappointing not getting SNY HD. MSG HD and FSNY are so lowly rated for NBA and NHL games you would think they would rather put on SNY HD instead.

guffy1 said:
I see they have 4 HD channels all jammed onto TP30..Looks like 3 1080's and a 720, thats not gonna be too pretty I wouldnt think..
Not much different than many HD LIL set ups.

Lucky said:
How come no SNY HD ? That channel does loads of HD 24/7. Not only do they do the Met games, but they do all their studio stuff in HD and lots of their magazine type programming in HD. Also, will be doing lots of Jets stuff in HD including pre and post games shows before every game. A little disappointing not getting SNY HD. MSG HD and FSNY are so lowly rated for NBA and NHL games you would think they would rather put on SNY HD instead.
Putting a 24/7 RSN in that group would sort of defeat the timesharing thing. Perhaps it will happen in the next wave of RSN HDs added. There was mention of at least a two phase implementation of the RSN HDs.

yes the next wave of RSN's are scheduled for the spring. I believe they picked the RSN's which had the most HD College Football first.

Fox Sports South on 129

Hey,

I don't fully understand all this, but am I going to be able to get a Fox Sports South feed on my Dish 1000 here in Alabama? I don't have a 61.5 satellite. I just have 129, 119 and 110. It looks like it will defeat the purpose if they add my local HD feed on a satellite that they didn't give me!!!!!

Help please...

Comcast Sports Net West and Fox Sports Bay Area. If this all plays out correctly, with InHD as well, Dish Network will be a clear and easy winner in the HD camp for anyone in Sacramento. No channels available on Comcast will be exclusive any longer. Glad I switched when I did!

guffy1 said:
Well, its an extra 1080...Not alot of difference youre right, but they were stretching to begin with..

Are all those channels on TP30 true MPEG-4, or no?

They are currently marked as mpeg2 only available to ViP. Of course this may change, but right now its 4 mpeg2 video feeds.

Wow! What a nice suprise this morning. Assuming the HD RSN's will share time, how do you think they'll make the programming available? Will it be available to anyone who subscribes to their SD RSN? Will there be an option to purchase all HD RSN's in a package?

And most importantly, will any of these be live for the next national HD CFB game?

general487 said:
Hey,

I don't fully understand all this, but am I going to be able to get a Fox Sports South feed on my Dish 1000 here in Alabama? I don't have a 61.5 satellite. I just have 129, 119 and 110. It looks like it will defeat the purpose if they add my local HD feed on a satellite that they didn't give me!!!!!

Help please...

Hey General, I was born & raised in Fayette.

You will have to add a 61.5 for FSS. If you want to keep 129, you would have to add a DPP44 switch also.

As always, it is best with Dish to have as many orbital slots as possible.

Hmmm Did anybody notice there were mostly FOX HD RSN"s I wonder if there is a deal going on somewhere........

Why are they doing this to me???

Cool to hear that you're from Fayette, mwgiii!!!

Not cool to hear that I can't get my regional HD sports feed!!!! Surely I am not the only customer that they gave a dish 1000 to in the south region! How much does it cost to get dish to add all that stuff? (61.5 dish, cabling, and switch)

Scott Greczkowski said:
yes the next wave of RSN's are scheduled for the spring. I believe they picked the RSN's which had the most HD College Football first.

What about the ones that want their Hockey in HD. Give me either FoxOH or FoxCN. Spring will be to late.:(

I really would like to be corrected if I am wrong, but for those of us who are looking for FSN Midwest HD on Dish...We will need to keep looking until spring, won't we?

guffy1 said:
NESN HD is not listed....

Wow the RSN with the most HD content is snubbed. :mad:

Even tho all Red Sox games home and away are in HD, and baseball is finishing up, NESN still does all Bruins home games and 75% of the road games in HD. That plus all the other HD programs. Maybe they are still working on a deal. they added FSN NewEngland but all they will have is Celtic home games, and college football. :(

I wonder what was up with the NYC broadcast networks being added then removed on 61.5?

I too am hoping for SNY in HD as I never watch the MSG or FOX NY channels anymore, but I understand as the Mets season is winding down....

Now we'll see how bad the PQ looks after these adds.....

guffy1 said:
I cant believe Fox Sports Detroit is not on that list, especially seeing as they have showed FSD-HD games many times on 9467..

Wow..What a huge dissapointment..:(

I'm disappointed too, but FSN has made no announced plans to offer RedWings or Pistons in HD this season. Only HD we get is MY20 for Pistons - and that's not on dish either.

I'd expect it to launch in the second batch before MLB starts 2007. FSN starting offering Tigers in HD mid-season is unusual, most likely a sign of how nobody expected the Tigers to play as well as they have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)