Uploading to Member Photos Generates Bogus Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I created an Album in the Member Photos area and uploaded some pictures from my recent Summer Vacation (SatelliteGuys Photo Gallery - 2009 Summer Vacaction - Powered by PhotoPost). Afterward, I noticed that they are not showing up as my most recent uploads, and as SatelliteGAL pointed out, they all have a date of December 13, 1901 (!) instead of either the upload date or the embedded date in the JPEG. Worse, I don't seem to be able to change the date, so I guess they are stuck in the last century.

Update: I searched the Gallery, and I see that there are around 260 pictures in this condition. It looks like the last picture is dated March 8, 2009, so sometime after that is when the photo upload process broke.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Sorry didn't see this until now...

Which gallery are you using? I am thinking of getting rid of the old gallery since vBulletin has one built in now and to update the old gallery to work with this version of vBulletin would cost about $200.

Unfortunately there is no way to import pictures from the old gallery to the new gallery.

Update... now that I am checking out the new gallery... that is having an issue as well.

Stand by. :)

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I gather I should upload all the pictures again? Will you update the "Photos" link at the top of the page?

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Scott,
Okay, I created a new album and got ready to upload some photos. However, the maximum picture size is 600 pixels in either dimension and a total size of under 97.7 KB, a big reduction from what the old Members' Photo Gallery would allow. Is it possible to bump those limits up, or are there space constraints? Also, there is a maximum of 100 photos allowed which I'm not at, but it seems that the old Members gallery didn't have that limit.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
While I set global settings for the album settings I didn't relize there were also settings on the usergroups as well that needed to be set.

Give it a shot now. :)

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Scott,
When I click on the link you provided the first time, nothing happened when I clicked on the album I created.

I went ahead and created another new album and I'm going to try uploading pictures again.

EDIT: No joy, Scott. After I uploaded the pictures, my album shows five rectangles (no pictures). I deleted the other album and now they show up. Hmmm...

Next, the pictures show up in the reverse order that I uploaded them, so the album is backwards, with no apparent way to change the order.

Color me grumpy... :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)