UPN-HD on DISH?

kyoo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Is there any HD feeds of UPN available on Dish Network? In any market? And I don't mean via OTA Antenna.

No, the only HD network E* has is CBS.

I think the only HD show they have is Enterprise so it wouldn't make sense.

Getting an agreement to carry the show on the HDEVT channel would be nice (Kind of like the deal Cuban signed.... some games get on E* but are only viewable in Dallas. Get the show and make it visible by those who qualify.... O & Os and those markets without an HD UPN signal present (which would be most)

The UPN Network has at least an hour of HD programming each weeknight except for Thursday. UPN and WB stations in most markets will be among the last to afford to broadcast in HD so Dish Network should try to get national HD superstations for those nets.

BobMurdoch said:
I think the only HD show they have is Enterprise so it wouldn't make sense.

Here is what they are showing in HD (this was dated back in Sept/Oct 04 so it might be slight different now):
UPN will present its largest slate of HDTV programming in the history of the network for the 2004-2005 season, it was announced today by Dawn Ostroff, President, Entertainment, UPN. Half of the network's primetime line-up - a record seven series -will be broadcast in high definition television, beginning with the premieres of all three of UPN's drama series "Veronica Mars," "Kevin Hill" and "Star Trek: Enterprise," and extending to UPN's Monday night comedies "One on One," "Half & Half," "Girlfriends" and "Second Time Around" by November. This brings the Network's weekly HDTV offerings to five hours. Last season, UPN presented two hours of series programming in HDTV, including "Star Trek: Enterprise," as well as select Friday night movies.

"HDTV is going to further enhance what are already high-quality, visually stunning dramas and comedies," said Dawn Ostroff, President, Entertainment, UPN. "We are very pleased to introduce the growing HDTV audience to UPN's programming."

UPN HDTV SCHEDULE:

ONE ON ONE MONDAY, 8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT
HALF & HALF MONDAY, 8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT
GIRLFRIENDS MONDAY, 9:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT
SECOND TIME AROUND MONDAY, 9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT
VERONICA MARS TUESDAY, 9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT
KEVIN HILL WEDNESDAY, 9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT
STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE FRIDAY, 8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT

I looked on UPN.com for some way to contact them, but came up empty handed. I think we should find a person to email at UPN to voice to them our urge for them to provide some sort of incentive to Dish to carry their HD programming either on it's own UPN-HD channel or on one of the HD Event channels.

Thoughts?

I just accept that I get what my OTA serves me. If you want something more you should probably go to your station before you go to the networks and dish. Pressure your UPN station to broadcast HD. Or set up a c-band system to get the hd feed yourself and you can be your own affiliate :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)