UPS says keep receipt

the mack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
HOCKEYTOWN
Just returned a replacement receiver with the prepaid label at UPS and they said make sure you keep your receipt because dish claims they do not receive receivers all the time.
anyone else here anything like this? seems pretty lame, but I am sure there are customers who say they did not receive replacement receivers too...

UPS gave you excellent advice.

There is much documentation on the Internet with regard to all manner of goods returned though it is not a common trait of DISH Network. The DIRECTV forums are littered with people who have had their credit cards mysteriously hit with surprise non-return fees.

I suggest that you hang onto the receipt for at least five months if keeping it is going to be a major hardship on your part. Perhaps even better would be to save a copy of the tracking report (with signature) after it has been delivered.

At least the UPS guy doesn't exagurate...
Does it happen sure, but you should always keep your receipt whether it is dish or not. UPS isn't infallible either...

I would not only keep the receipt, I would also write down the tracking number of the carton. The tracking number is clearly evident on the shipping label. That way you can track the package all the way to delivery.

I would not only keep the receipt, I would also write down the tracking number of the carton. The tracking number is clearly evident on the shipping label. That way you can track the package all the way to delivery.

The UPS receipt I got had the tracking # on it. I think that's standard prodeedure.

Good advice from UPS. I would add that if Dish has your email address they will send you a receipt confirmation. I returned a receiver a few days ago and received an email from Dish confirming receipt of the receiver. If Dish doesn't have your email address I would use the tracking number to display the delivery information from the UPS web site and print or save that.

Wise advice...two-years after the fact Dish Network said I still had a leased 811 and 942 receivers - good thing I file everthing...including the tracking information. Additionally, we had several bouts of Dish Network claiming my three purchased 622s were leased...because their screwy computer said so. Ugh! The first two times I forwarded paperwork to the CEO email account. The third time I had our lawyer draft send a terse reply along with correspondence from the first two fiascos. Problem solved. And yes, I did get three months of free service credited to my bill.

Always file everthing when it comes to your account with Dish Network.

Before I ship anything with UPS I always set up their Quantum View Notify and include the receiving party in the notification and save all the tracking info in my account. When dealing with a DISH Retention or CEO rep that can give you an eMail address, I put them in the list. I haven't had a problem with DISH, but have with others and don't want to with DISH.

I returned a faulty 622 a few years back, stupidly threw away the UPS shipping receipt. Dish/ATT billed me $350. After weeks of bickering back and forth, the missing receiver was located and I dodged a bullet. Nuff said.

Yes, for any package sent always keep the receipt with tracking number. Also, I had to RMA a 722 last month and Dish sent me an email confirming they had received the 722 box. So, I printed it and promptly filed it should, down the road, Dish should claim different.

I had this problem with Direct a few years ago. Huge pain to get straightened out. They even wound up trying to turn me into their collections dept. After that, I always keep all shipping reciepts.

what do you do when a tech takes a box? I have two coming in the next few days to switch out the 612s for duos. Will the work order state they took the boxes and have the receiver numbers on it? What should I do to make sure they don't try to screw me over? I have done several replacements already and have made copies of all the shipping labels and gotten receipts at the Ups location, and making a pdf of the proof of delivery since i have read a lot of similar stories on here about dish claiming they never received a box, hopefully i can get something similar with this type of replacement.

The number one most important thing along with the UPS Tracking Number is The RA number write it down on Paper and put it in the box with the receiver. Have returned many for customers and not had any problems.

The number one most important thing along with the UPS Tracking Number is The RA number write it down on Paper and put it in the box with the receiver. Have returned many for customers and not had any problems.

They told me to put it on the label where it says ref# (green part at the bottom) along with the last four digits of the reviver number (ie RA000000 #1234), have not had any problems and sent back 4 in the last month.

You absolutely keep your receipt/Tracking number for everything you ship especially with Dish.
A couple years ago, I sent back my faulty 211, after a few months I started getting calls from dish to call them back. After a third message they got nasty and threatening if I did not call them. When I did finally called them, they were nasty on the phone claiming I never returned the equipment, I put them on hold, looked for the tracking number, tracked it online and then chew their ass back (love it), I even told them the name of the person who signed for the equipment. They claimed it was an honest mistake, but I don't really believe them, although it is hard to prove. Save your receipt, never hurts.

what do you do when a tech takes a box? I have two coming in the next few days to switch out the 612s for duos. Will the work order state they took the boxes and have the receiver numbers on it? What should I do to make sure they don't try to screw me over? I have done several replacements already and have made copies of all the shipping labels and gotten receipts at the Ups location, and making a pdf of the proof of delivery since i have read a lot of similar stories on here about dish claiming they never received a box, hopefully i can get something similar with this type of replacement.

if the tech takes the box you're screwed. when i upgraded a m,m,m b

DISH Networks RA Department is the black hole when it comes to sending back equipment.

Its gotten so bad I don't even take equipment back for customers anymore, because I don't want to be put in the middle when they get lost in the system/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)