UPS?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

beware

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
St. Louis
I have had quite a few irratic pauses or pixelating issues with directv over the last few months and they recently went away but then I got a decent issue just recently.

I was told on directv's forum that it is probably a electrical interference and they have suggested a ups.

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-BC3...FI6/ref=sr_1_9

Looking into that but how do I determine what the voltage of everything I want to plug into it? I don't want to buy something and I need more voltage but I also don't want to speed a lot of money.

More likely you simply have a signal issue. Does this happen on more than one receiver? Have you checked your levels?

How often does this happen? Couple times a week? Couple times a day? Every few minutes? If it's happening on all and it's at most a couple times a day it's no biggie.. Could be something like airplanes flying through your LOS.. When you're near a large airport like STL they'll be a lot lower and slower (I used to live in the approach path to Newark :D).

I have had quite a few irratic pauses or pixelating issues with directv over the last few months and they recently went away but then I got a decent issue just recently.

I was told on directv's forum that it is probably a electrical interference and they have suggested a ups.

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-BC3...FI6/ref=sr_1_9

Looking into that but how do I determine what the voltage of everything I want to plug into it? I don't want to buy something and I need more voltage but I also don't want to speed a lot of money.

Having a UPS is a good idea, but I don't think that's your issue. Can you post your signal strength numbers for all of the satellites?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)