Upset, Angry, Need HELP, NOService

ViaParadox

Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Hello, Everyone...

I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice that will allow me to watch TV again, sooner than 3 weeks from now.

I lost my Cablevision service Wed. AM 9/13, tried troubleshooting, called + got told it was an area outage- erroneously. Thursday a repair person came, found no signal at the 'drop.' I live in a basement apt. of an apt. building, with another basement below it. The man said they must 'run a new drop through conduit L thru R' in that lower basement. His Supervisor (I guess..I could hear him) told him to refer the job to an outside contractor, JEK. He said it would be a few days wait, which upset me...but I resigned myself to it.

Then my daughter, who pays the bill, called yesterday (Sunday, 9/17) and a Supervisor contradicted what the Repair Man said, claiming it would be 2 to 3 weeks! and that Cablevision's Construction Dept. would do it.

Should something like this take so long? :confused: Even new service gets installed faster.
I asked about a temporary alternative, hooking us up with temporary service,
but got nowhere.:(

I'm a nervous wreck. I'm homebound due to health problems. I never realized how addicted to TV I am! I can't sleep (I leave it on all night, low volume), can't relax, or focus on other things I need to do. I know it must sound ridiculous. I'm especially upset about missing the new season- and a few favorites.
THREE WEEKS! :) I'll go crazy for sure.

We can't even get regular broadcast channels down here. I thought of cancelling, getting Direct TV, but I doubt that it would work here. No view of the southern sky. I was happy with Cablevision until now.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Have you ever heard of anything like this?
I called 311 and filed a complaint, but I doubt that will matter. I'm a little surprised at Cablevision's attitude. We pay on time, no problems. They certainly wouldn't like it if we paid 3 weeks late each month. And I can't believe there's no way they could hook up my service temporarily- until the real problem's fixed.

Any suggestions, input, clarifications would be appreciated. You all know more than I do about this. Honestly, I'm so upset and angry at Cablevision right now,
if I knew how...

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Nancy (ViaParadox)

I'm sorry for that experiance that you had. If you haven't already, call up and threaten to cancel saying you'll be going to satellite if they don't fix this right away. That should get a person out within 2 days or even sooner. Good luck!

That's terrible cable service. No wonder cable companies have such a bad reputation. Just to show that not all cable companies have bad service, a year and a half ago, the lawn service cut the buried cable to my housewhile trenching. I called in the problem, and the cable guy came out in only an hour to replace the cable and buried it in conduit at both ends where it could get cut again in the future. Two guys came out a couple days later to bury the rest of the cable using a Ditch Witch. I was without service for less than two hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)