urgent help-- I get random reboots on my explorer 8300hd box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

captnemo

Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
For months my 8300 hd box was working perfect. About a month ago my cablevision 8300hd dvr box started rebooting randomly. I would turn on the box and it rebooted. Another time I changed channels and it rebooted. This could happen once a week or a few times in a week, it is just random. I always shut box off the box when not watching tv and it seems to happen early evining. About 2 months ago I also started using the hdmi connection to my new tv and bought a new surge protector strip where tv and box are connected to. No problems with tv itself.

What is causing my dvr box to reboot by itself. My box was manufactured dec 2005 so maybe it is time to change it. HAS ANYBODY EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM AND DID CHANGING BOX FIX IT. does anybody have any sugguestions please

Last edited:
I replaced the 8300hd dvr at cablevsion with a new one and I am still getting random reboots. This happens after box is turned on after a few minures. channel freezed and box reboots. What is causing this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)