Status
Please reply by conversation.

adam1115

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
Here's what I've done-

Installed tripple lnb dish.
Connected receiver straight to dish, peaked dish, everything working fine.
Connected multiswitch, checked signal again it was zero.
Disconnected multiswitch (5x8 zinwell), reconnected dish directly to receiver, signal still 0.
Connected a second receiver, signal still 0.

Help!! Did I fry my dish? Why?

Did you unplug the power from ALL receivers before doing any of this (turning them off is NOT the same)? If not, you _may_ have shorted (and fried) the LNBs.

Are you getting 0s on all 3 sats when bypassing the switch?

damaged said:
Did you unplug the power from ALL receivers before doing any of this (turning them off is NOT the same)? If not, you _may_ have shorted (and fried) the LNBs.

Are you getting 0s on all 3 sats when bypassing the switch?

No, I did not power off the receiver. (There was only one connected.)

Getting 0 on all three sats bypassing switch and all cabling (connected direct to dish.)

Well, if you did fry all 3 lnbs from shorting, than it is possible, you shorted the switch, which in turn shorted the LNBs (but I could be wrong, I am NOT a D* tech), that being said...

You should try a new cable (if you already did not) to make sure there isn't a problem with the coax being stretched (which shortens the center lead and would cause issues).

Is the dish grounded with a grounding block to the homes ground, is so, did you test the ground to make sure it was not hot? As that could fry it as well, either way, you should check the ground to be sure, since if you do get 3 new lnbs and the ground is still hot, it could recur.

And remember always physically unplug any receivers from the power outlet before messing with the coax.

If you let the stinger (copper core) touch the outside of the screw on connection then you have most likely fried another LNB. If it is a 18 inch oval dish I will give you a replacement (northeast OHIO western PA area) or im sure someone on here cansave you the 60 bucks buying another one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)