Urgent: Whats the Dishnetowrk's Fraud Dept Phone # ?

No, it is not better to report it as lost or stolen - unless it was lost or stolen. To do so is fraud. There are different rules depending upon the circumstances and if you looked at the affidavit you signed with your bank you will see that you have committed a federal crime.
Easy, I don't think the tone of this thread warrants any extradition papers.

I believe the terms "lost or stolen", also pertain to if your control of the card number has been lost or stolen, even if you physically still have the card.
I think that these individuals must have come of age during the Clinton administration
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

As, SummitAdvantageRetailer said, you should always make the minimum payment while your dispute in being investigated.

What usually happens in these situation is little Johnny goes to get DISH Network but has bad credit and no credit card. So he calls up Aunt Sally and she lets him use her credit card, and then he puts it in his mothers name with her Social Security Number.

3 months later, little Johnny doesn't pay his satellite bill and the account is disconnected. A few weeks after the service is shut off, Aunt Sally looks on her credit card and sees that DISH Network charged her several hundred dollars for the equipment.

Not remembering she had given her card to Johnny, she disputes the charges and wins the dispute.

About a month after that, Johnnys mother gets a nasty phone call from the collection agency telling her about the account that she now owes several hundred dollars.

It could be a retaler using the same card over and over again, but this is usually what happens. I see it about once per week from customers who order from us and present the credit card and the name and social security number being their own!

If I had known. we would never sign these customers up to begin with because its a back charge waiting to happen when the account goes in disconnect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts