Usa Hd And Scie Fi Hd

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Has anyone seen an actual hd show on these channels. everytime I got it is just sd stuff.

I saw the movie Fast and the Furious on USAHD in HD. Besides that, I haven't flipped on it much.

I guess since I would not give wrestling a minute of my time, I'm missing out on true HD glory.

Battlestar Galactica is broadcasting in HD. Lots of movies (as others have mentioned) on USA, plus the Law & Order reruns, and NCIS. So, it's there.

BSG and Stargate Atlantis air in High Def on Scifi. Just about everytime i flip past USA it is in HD. People complain that there isnt enough High def on Scifi, and I too would like more, but I have the important things in HD and that is all that matters.

Last edited:
USA has a lot of HD. Law and Order SVU, House, Law and Order : Criminal Intent, Monk, and many movies. Sci-Fi has some movies and Battlestar Gallactica. These are some of the ones I have seen.

I just turned on monk and it was in small 4X3 small screen. Also if you look at the description of the show it will say HD at the end of it and I sure can;t find much of that.

I have seen Monk in HD. That one may be an older episode or something but I know Monk has been in HD. There is more HD on USA than Sci-Fi from what I can tell.

I tuned in last night and USA was showing Becker in HD. Didn't even know that show was filmed in HD though. Looked good though

I have yet to see any guide indication on Scifi or USA that the program is HD or SD. The only way I can tell so far is if i tune in and it has the HD logo or not.

A lot of the stuff I've seen on USA is in HD, including Monk. The 4:3 version may have been an older episode, and I know Burn Notice's first season was shot in 4:3 SD, though it's supposed to be HD for season 2. We'll see...

I tuned in last night and USA was showing Becker in HD. Didn't even know that show was filmed in HD though. Looked good though

Capman,

First there is no way to FILM in HD. Native HD is digital, hence FILM is NOT involved. With that said a lot of HD content is remastered from an original Film print.

Just so you know an original Film prints' resolution is greater than the native resolution of HD.

Many Television Series are captured on FILM. That Film print is then remastered into a a Digital HD "Print".

John

I have yet to see any guide indication on Scifi or USA that the program is HD or SD. The only way I can tell so far is if i tune in and it has the HD logo or not.
The Direct guides show HD and are generally reliable on the channels that are part time HD... Come on Dish upgrade the software ;) Saturdays are usually the best time from mid afternoon on for HD on Scifi...

HD on Scifi are: Battlestar Gallactica, ECW, Stargate Atlantis, Flash Gordon and their own TV movies.

USA has in HD: Law and Order: Intent and SVU, Psych, newer episodes of Monk, NCIS, House, WWE Raw, newer movies and Becker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts