USA HD looks great

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boydjp420

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 12, 2007
:cool:I just felt like talking about USA HD. I am very impressed. I thought it was going to be like TBS and not show any content for a while but Fast n Furious looks great!!! Also they are not labeling everything HD, if the show is not hd it won't be labeled that (at least for now). There was another movie on earlier not labeled hd and it wasn't. I'm very happy.

I went home for lunch to check it out but there was no HD on yet on USAHD . I did notice that on SCIFI HD there was not one single program that had the little HD in the guide to say that the program is in HD. Now why would they add a channel that has no HD and waste bandwidth?

There is a lot of Law and Order SVU on tonight but like I said Fast and Furious is on now. I have the Denon AVR-2808 upconvert to 1080p 7.1, it is excellent. I got the movie on blast, well not now b/c its a commercial, but the audio quality (dolby digital) and video quality of the channel is wonderful. Like I said before, I am very impressed and if they keep it up other channels will have to (tbs after baseball) or they will flat out lose ratings. Last night tbs didn't even put the office in widescreen. They stretched the widescreen version so you had the bars on top and bottom. LOL.

There is a lot of Law and Order SVU on tonight but like I said Fast and Furious is on now. I have the Denon AVR-2808 upconvert to 1080p 7.1, it is excellent. I got the movie on blast, well not now b/c its a commercial, but the audio quality (dolby digital) and video quality of the channel is wonderful. Like I said before, I am very impressed and if they keep it up other channels will have to (tbs after baseball) or they will flat out lose ratings. Last night tbs didn't even put the office in widescreen. They stretched the widescreen version so you had the bars on top and bottom. LOL.

The 2808 does not "upconvert" to 1080p, it up's to 1080i....Just had to point that out, I have one as well :hatsoff::up:up:up

uhhh... Sorry. If you use component, it does. I got monster ultra series component to the receiver, upconverts to 1080p, then sends it through monster ultra series hdmi. TRUST ME it does. Try that and look at your tv, its 1080p and it will even say it is.

Also using the component to the receiver has better quality then putting hdmi straight throught it (that keeps it at 1080i)

The 2808 does not "upconvert" to 1080p, it up's to 1080i....Just had to point that out, I have one as well :hatsoff::up:up:up
I honestly don't know why it doesn't upconvert the hdmi, it just has the hdmi pass through. Thats confusing. Trust me if you try it with some good component cables, go through the menus and get it to upconvert it, then send it to your tv with a good hdmi, :clapyou will be happy as hell.

Now why would they add a channel that has no HD and waste bandwidth?

Directv has the capacity now for 100 HD channels and after D11 is up they will be able to support 150 HD channels.

Directv is setting up the HD play field, It's up to the program providers to get the HD programs on the air.

Good Show Directv :) Now everyone else needs to catch up!

Matt

I did notice that on SCIFI HD there was not one single program that had the little HD in the guide to say that the program is in HD. Now why would they add a channel that has no HD and waste bandwidth?

Because when BSG and SG-Atlantis, start and any other program in HD, eveyone would be screaming....

WHY DOESN'T D* HAVE SCI-FI HD!!! :eek:

Just like E*subs are today:D

I just got home and turned on the TV and I'm blown away by USAHD. Fast and The Furious was playing and it was the desert race scene...incredible. I don't even think the baseball game I saw the other night and gave 9.5 out of 10 looked as good. This is beautiful. I can't wait until WWE starts broadcasting RAW in HD. Kudos, USA!

Oh man, the new episodes of Law and Order: CI are going to be broadcast in HD. I didn't even think about that! Great move by USA and D* in launching the channel now!

I too, agree F&F looked outstanding! Now I'd just like to see FX, Spike, and my local FOX affiliate come onboard with HD. Then most of my channels that I watch most will all be in HD.

I just turned to USAHD for the first time. Something called "life" is on. It does look great. Very crisp.

They should just come up if you tune to 242. If not, I would suggest a restart. Shouldn't be needed but, it couldn't hurt. When in doubt try a reset. Also make sure you're on all channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts