USA HD looks great

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I went home for lunch to check it out but there was no HD on yet on USAHD . I did notice that on SCIFI HD there was not one single program that had the little HD in the guide to say that the program is in HD. Now why would they add a channel that has no HD and waste bandwidth?

It takes the ball out of D*'s court and puts it in SciFi's court like it should be.

It takes the ball out of D*'s court and puts it in SciFi's court like it should be.

Good point.

#2. They just turned the darn thing on, no reason to have any HD before, give them a little time.

#3. D* is not exactly starving for bandwith at the moment.

Where u guys finding these channels? They are not listed on my guide.

Make sure your favorites are set up properly. If you're using a favorites list and not all channels, you need to go in and add the new channels. Otherwise, when you type in 242, you'll get the SD version of USA.

Make sure your favorites are set up properly. If you're using a favorites list and not all channels, you need to go in and add the new channels. Otherwise, when you type in 242, you'll get the SD version of USA.

Depends on which box he's using. The HR20 will tune to the HD version first whether it's in your favorites or not.

Good point.

#2. They just turned the darn thing on, no reason to have any HD before, give them a little time.

#3. D* is not exactly starving for bandwith at the moment.

Well when I say "waste bandwidth" I mean couldn't they put up NGC HD that we all know is broadcasting HD right now instead of SCIFI HD with no HD content "yet"?

Well when I say "waste bandwidth" I mean couldn't they put up NGC HD that we all know is broadcasting HD right now instead of SCIFI HD with no HD content "yet"?

No content yet? Ummm...it took them a whole what, day or so to get the content on there? I see your point but, we are getting HD content on SciFi, they probably knew we would soon after launch, we don't know everything in advance.

Personally I would rather have the HD feed of the channel and wait for the provider start brodcasting their programs in HD. I would hate to see programs in HD and not have the channel yet on my system. I am glad D* has added these channels now rather than waiting until the other providers have HD programming.

I seen USA HD is playing some NBC shows (Life) HD talking about it looks great and easy on the eyes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)