USA PQ is excellent for SD

Pete In Plano

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 9, 2004
The PQ on USA is pretty darn good. One of the best SD pictures I have seen. And i am looking forward to the season finale of Monk!!!

I too am looking forward to Monk.

I find that USA, like many others, will vary their brightness quite a bit. Girlfriend likes Law and Order so I have to adjust the brightness up. Then a commercial is aired and the brightness is too high.

I would LOVE to see USA in HD. Even if they upconvert like TNT, that makes it look so much better. Yes, true HD is the best, but the upconvert that TNT is doing is 2nd best for material that they don't have in HD.

Stretch-O-Vision really bothers me though...hopefully they will get the HD versions of shows like Law and Order later on.

Was thinking of starting a thread on the same subject. Why is it that the PQ of USA's SD looks so much better than most of the others? Like watching "Law and Order SVU", and have really appreciated the PQ. If there is any stretching going on here, I sure can't see it. Would be great to see them go HD though.

Dvlos said:
Stretch-O-Vision really bothers me though...hopefully they will get the HD versions of shows like Law and Order later on.
Is your TV stretching the image? View it in Native mode so you have control over the image.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)