Usain Bolt is the best athlete in the world !!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
EVERY TIME he races for a medal...he not only does it in world record time, but he DESTORYS the previous record. This guy is amazing......

"...GOD, I hope he is not doping..."

I know it is bad to think this immediately, but everytime you see an athlete do amazing things....that little phrase jumps into peoples head....I am guilty as charged with the same thoughts.

Bolt smashes world record in 200

Associated Press

Updated: August 20, 2009, 7:41 PM EDT 671 comments
BERLIN (AP) - Usain Bolt startled the world again.

The Jamaican sprinting great captured the 200-meter gold medal in 19.19 seconds Thursday, yet another world record.

His time in the 200 slashed 0.11 seconds off the mark he set last year at the Beijing Olympics and came four days after he broke his 100 record by the same margin.

"I am on my way to being a legend," said Bolt, who gritted his teeth and pointed to the clock as soon as his time flashed.

No one among the near capacity crowd at the 70,000-seat Olympic Stadium disagreed.

"If Queen Elizabeth knighthooded me and I would get the title Sir Usain Bolt, that would be very nice," Bolt said.

Bolt is now 5 for 5 in major sprint events. He won the gold in the 100, 200 and sprint relay in Beijing's Bird Nest, each time with a world record. Now he is one race away from doing likewise in Berlin.

"I was running my heart out," Bolt said. "I got my start right and that was the key."

Bolt smashes world record in 200 - More Sports News - FOX Sports on MSN

The guy is absolutely incredible.....I'm also guilty of thinking those thoughts.

EVERY TIME he races for a medal...he not only does it in world record time, but he DESTORYS the previous record. This guy is amazing......

"...GOD, I hope he is not doping..."

I know it is bad to think this immediately, but everytime you see an athlete do amazing things....that little phrase jumps into peoples head....I am guilty as charged with the same thoughts.

Bolt smashes world record in 200

Associated Press

Updated: August 20, 2009, 7:41 PM EDT 671 comments
BERLIN (AP) - Usain Bolt startled the world again.

The Jamaican sprinting great captured the 200-meter gold medal in 19.19 seconds Thursday, yet another world record.

His time in the 200 slashed 0.11 seconds off the mark he set last year at the Beijing Olympics and came four days after he broke his 100 record by the same margin.

"I am on my way to being a legend," said Bolt, who gritted his teeth and pointed to the clock as soon as his time flashed.

No one among the near capacity crowd at the 70,000-seat Olympic Stadium disagreed.

"If Queen Elizabeth knighthooded me and I would get the title Sir Usain Bolt, that would be very nice," Bolt said.

Bolt is now 5 for 5 in major sprint events. He won the gold in the 100, 200 and sprint relay in Beijing's Bird Nest, each time with a world record. Now he is one race away from doing likewise in Berlin.

"I was running my heart out," Bolt said. "I got my start right and that was the key."

Bolt smashes world record in 200 - More Sports News - FOX Sports on MSN

Agreed on all counts.

He currently holds the title of being better at his particular sport than anyone else is at their respective sport.

He was also the most dominant athlete at the Summer Olympics but was overshadowed in America by the decision of NBC to make Michael Phelps the sole" feel good story" of the Games.

Not trying to denigrate Phelps, so hold your fire but Bolt was clearly more dominant at his sport than Phelps. Phelps just competed in more events.

Phelps won his events and is to be applauded, but Bolt absolutely destroyed his competition and continues to do so.

Agreed on all counts.

He currently holds the title of being better at his particular sport than anyone else is at their respective sport.

He was also the most dominant athlete at the Summer Olympics but was overshadowed in America by the decision of NBC to make Michael Phelps the sole" feel good story" of the Games.

Not trying to denigrate Phelps, so hold your fire but Bolt was clearly more dominant at his sport than Phelps. Phelps just competed in more events.

Phelps won his events and is to be applauded, but Bolt absolutely destroyed his competition and continues to do so.

Bolt was talked about plenty in the Olympics ...
That said, he's hardly the "Best Athlete in the World".

Bolt was talked about plenty in the Olympics ...
That said, he's hardly the "Best Athlete in the World".

While Salsa penned the title thread, (I can't really speak for him) but I thought of it in terms of a Headline Writer for newscopy.

More of an attention getter to start a conversation.

All that being said my quote was and remains that Bolt is better at his discipline than anyone else is at their's.

Subjective ? Very. True? Very much so IMO.

NBC slobbered all over Phelps and his mother. That's fine it's a ratings driven business. NBC knows it has to spin a good story. Phelps provided one with his talents, accomplishments and backstory.

Bottom Line: Bolt was in the Olympics and continues to remain a more dominant and skillled participant than Phelps.

As for the best athlete in the world? Who really cares short of a decathlon competition.

Last edited:
Here's the thing about him - He isn't done yet. He will lower those numbers again, in both lengths.

Phelps probably will as well.

I really don't know why they are being compared, they are in sports that don't have anything to do with one another.
Both athletes are phenomenal in thier own sport.

Phelps probably will as well.

I really don't know why they are being compared, they are in sports that don't have anything to do with one another.
Both athletes are phenomenal in thier own sport.
I agree...now, if Mr. Bolt could also swim laps around Phelps and dunk on King James...there's an athlete! My other pet peeve is when the phrase "pound-for-pound" in thrown out there by the pundits...they may as well have said, "this guy is damn lightweight and if we say pound-for-pound often enough then perhaps more people will tune-in to our broadcast."

That boy is sure is fast.. incredible fast.
Almost as fast as that NBA player that walked out when his team was eliminated LOL.

And ya'll know who I mean..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts