The NL East

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
I figured I'd follow the AL East and AL Central thread with the thread about the NL East.

I figure right now it looks like the Phillies will repeat as NL East champions. Even though I'm a Mets fan, I don't think the Mets have enough to win. Yes, they shored up the bullpen but its still not enough. I think the Marlins will stay around this year again because they are a gritty and gutty team.
The Braves are too old and the Nationals might upstage the Braves because they do have some talented role players.

Sorry this is pretty blah, but I still have to see all the offseason moves by the teams. I just figured I'd start a NL East thread because there is a AL East and Central thread.

Phillies, Mets, and Marlins are the top teams.

Braves are not what they used to be, but have some decent players in Chipper and McCann.

As for the Nats- well, at least they have someone who can hit homers in Dunn. Still, they'll be in the cellar- I predict 91 losses.

I figured I'd follow the AL East and AL Central thread with the thread about the NL East.

I figure right now it looks like the Phillies will repeat as NL East champions. Even though I'm a Mets fan, I don't think the Mets have enough to win. Yes, they shored up the bullpen but its still not enough. I think the Marlins will stay around this year again because they are a gritty and gutty team.
The Braves are too old and the Nationals might upstage the Braves because they do have some talented role players.

Sorry this is pretty blah, but I still have to see all the offseason moves by the teams. I just figured I'd start a NL East thread because there is a AL East and Central thread.

Mets,
I agree that the Phillies are the team to beat, but don't count out your Mets just yet.

Afterall, their biggest weakness the last two seasons was the bullpen. With K-Rod and J.J. Putz, they've added two of the best closers in baseball the last five or so years.

Keep the faith, buddy! :) :up

having JC Romero out for 50 games is really gonna be rough for the Phils. Also hopefully Chase doesn't rush his hip injury and comes back 100%

Braves are not old. Outside of Lowe, who is 35 and Vazquez who is 32 most of the pitchers are under 30. However, of the everyday players only Chipper is over 30 and most of the players are under 28. That isn't old.

Another Mets fan here. I'm mighty disappointed in the lack of moves made this off-season, and I think this may be the weakest Mets team in years.

I honestly think that IF the Marlins starting rotation stays healthy, they will at the VERY LEAST, be the wild card team. That is why I think you are also EXTREMELY lucky when you win a World Series. One injury here or one injury there....and the season is tanked!

Another Mets fan here. I'm mighty disappointed in the lack of moves made this off-season, and I think this may be the weakest Mets team in years.

The Mets seem to have started counting their pennies right around when it was revealed Wilpon lost a lot of money in the Madoff scandal. Still, they spent plenty before that and they have the best pitcher in the game. They may be better off being a few games behind in Labor Day for a change, however.

Sandra

I dont know about the Mets penny pinching but I think the Mets have/had resources to get some players (Lowe, Raul I., Adam Dunn, Bobby Abreau etc.) they just didnt do it. I dont know why but I think the Phillies will be the team to beat and the Mets wont catch them. Unless, the Mets make a run at Roy Holliday, which btw, I think is on this site as a trade rumor for July, the Mets dont have enough pitching to overtake the Phillies. They couldve used another player off the bench or another starting position player (Orlando Hudson, hello) but didnt. I dont know if the Mets have enough.

Did the Mets redesign their commemorative logo patch?

custom_1235070430816_metshat.jpg

The Mets online store is offering these official hats that include a new "2009 Inaugural" patch that does not appear to have been designed in three seconds by a first grader.

Im not sure about the logo patch. I still think the Mets might finish 2nd this year. I dont think the pitching is going to hold up. After Santana, you've got question marks. Maine is coming off injuries, we still dont know about Pelfrey and what are we going to get from Livian Hernandez?

I honestly think that IF the Marlins starting rotation stays healthy, they will at the VERY LEAST, be the wild card team. That is why I think you are also EXTREMELY lucky when you win a World Series. One injury here or one injury there....and the season is tanked!

Not if you guys don't fix that defense.

There was a college baseball game held yesterday @ the new Citi Field. From the pictures and video I've seen, that place looks like an absolute baseball cathedral! It really is breath taking.

Exactly. I hate that name. Not as much as i hate the shortened version - CoPa. You know - like the Barry Manilow song. Makes me puke, whenever I hear someone call it CoPa.

This is just a wee-bit topic from the NL East, but it's baseball related;

Paul, when you were growing up in the 1970s and early 1980s, how frustrating was it to see the American League lose in the All-Star Game on an annual basis?

From 1964 to 1982, the American League went 1-17:eek: in the Midsummer Classic.

Nowadays, the AL has been able to brag, but for a long time, they were like the Detroit Lions in Midsummer Classics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts