The NL East

The Tigers NOT pursuing a closer this year was a huge shocker to me. From what I saw, that Fernando Rodney was awful for them last year.

Rodney makes me nervous. He hasn't been 100% healthy in two seasons, but he wins the closer's job by default. When he was healthy he is an effective reliever with the best change-up in baseball. If the Tigers are contending and Rodney's not working out, look for a trade in July.

Rodney makes me nervous. He hasn't been 100% healthy in two seasons, but he wins the closer's job by default. When he was healthy he is an effective reliever with the best change-up in baseball. If the Tigers are contending and Rodney's not working out, look for a trade in July.

Still baffles me .... I thought that Lyons was brought in as the closer.

Come on Perry, once he gets some experience, maybe HE'LL be the new closer.:)

Can you imagine if Zumaya makes it back and pitches the 7th with his hard stuff and Rodney the 8th with his change up and Perry the 9th with HIS HEAT !!!

Jimbo

Atlanta defeats Philly on opening night.

Can the Phillies overcome this one game deficit with 161 games left? :D

Atlanta is in first place and UNDEFEATED !!!!!

Tomorrow is the Atlanta game I want to see, I believe Jir Jurjin's will be the second guy in the rotation behind Lowe :D

This guy is primed to have a breakout year.

Jimbo

Atlanta is in first place and UNDEFEATED !!!!!

Tomorrow is the Atlanta game I want to see, I believe Jir Jurjin's will be the second guy in the rotation behind Lowe :D

This guy is primed to have a breakout year.

Jimbo

Good luck with that, since they don't play tomorrow :D

And Jurrjens is a solid young pitcher, but I don't think it's likely that he's ever really going to wow anyone.

Good luck with that, since they don't play tomorrow :D

And Jurrjens is a solid young pitcher, but I don't think it's likely that he's ever really going to wow anyone.

Whooops :D
Make that Tuesday then.
I respectfully disagree with you, Jiurjin's will be a top pitcher in the next 2-3 years, maybe not the top 5, but top 10 yes.

Jurrjens is indeed a fine young pitcher for his age.

With a little more maturity and polish, he can become a good #2 type starter.

That is basically my opinion. He's got a ton of poise for his age, and clearly knows how to pitch, but, IMO, he doesn't have the kind of dominant stuff to be a legit #1.

That chipmunk faced a$$ wearing No. 25 for the Yankees was HEARTILY booed by the Camden Yards crowd when announced and when he took his first AB. He flied out to center. :)

Orioles fans?

I guess they still harbor the bitterness of that 30-run game when he was still with the Rangers.

K-Rod gets his first save with the Mets- good first impression.

krod, putz and the rest of the bullpen . . . look at these numbers today from the pen:

3.1 ip, o h, o r, o er, bb and 2k's

too early to get excited . . . but if we can get this type of bullpen all year, then I have high hopes !!!

btw, you think church responded to any recent signings?

2 for 4 and a great catch with an outfield assist!

True but its too early. I'll get into this eventually but I couldnt get into opening day today. As far as the game, they played good and Santana and the bullpen pitched very well. So good for them so far. The hitting worries me because like last year, they do just enough to win. 2-1, 3-2 etc. and not enough 7-2, 6-3, 7-3 games.