The NL East

Good luck with that, since they don't play tomorrow :D

And Jurrjens is a solid young pitcher, but I don't think it's likely that he's ever really going to wow anyone.

He won tonight 4-0.
Went 5.2 innings, 0 runs on only 4 hits and 2 K's.

Not bad in the first outing of the year.

I'm aware, I'm a Phillies fan - I watched the game. Very nice outing, though he was fortunate that one or two of the mistakes he did make were hit to left and the wind kept them in the park.

You act like I'm dissing him. He's a very solid pitcher, keeps the ball down, knows how to pitch. He's probably going to give you a chance to win pretty much every time he pitches.

You're saying future Top 10 pitcher. I disagree and think his ceiling is as a legit #2, which is still very good - just not "wow". I would love to have him on the Phillies, I just don't think his stuff is dominant enough to be an ace.

I'm aware, I'm a Phillies fan - I watched the game. Very nice outing, though he was fortunate that one or two of the mistakes he did make were hit to left and the wind kept them in the park.

You act like I'm dissing him. He's a very solid pitcher, keeps the ball down, knows how to pitch. He's probably going to give you a chance to win pretty much every time he pitches.

You're saying future Top 10 pitcher. I disagree and think his ceiling is as a legit #2, which is still very good - just not "wow". I would love to have him on the Phillies, I just don't think his stuff is dominant enough to be an ace.

I'm not saying he's an ACE, he's still VERY young, this is only his second year in the bigs,I think.
He was in the Tigers system and I had a chance to watch him, very impressive.

I don't think your dissing him, just that I don't know your style yet, your somewhat new here, no big deal.

Welcome :up

fwiw, I hope Jir does awesome, but that just means the Tigers gave up on him too soon ... He was the bait for the Tigers to get Rentaria two years ago and we all thought that was a bad move then and a worse one now.
Remember, the Tigers gave a young John Smoltz up and got Doyle Alexander, it worked great for the Tigers for that year, but over the long haul, it was a very poor move.

I just hope it doesn't turn into the same thing again.... at least he's in the NL.

Atlanta had their balls handed to them on a platter today in the 7th after a big 10-3 lead. A COMPLETE meltdown of the bullpen and Philly has gone on to take the lead now 12-10 in the 9th. :eek:

ESPN The Magazine picked the Fish to finish 4th in their own division, behind the Mets, Phillies and Braves!

..... just saying....;)

ESPN magazine?! LMAO! The same magazine that has a story about how "special" Manny Ramirez is? SO I guess you ALSO agree that Manny is a very special person too right? right? I mean you ARE hanging your thoughts on ESPN The Magazine ....:rolleyes::haha:haha

ESPN magazine?! LMAO! The same magazine that has a story about how "special" Manny Ramirez is? SO I guess you ALSO agree that Manny is a very special person too right? right? I mean you ARE hanging your thoughts on ESPN The Magazine ....:rolleyes::haha:haha

Define "special".

And YES I do think Manny is a special Baseball player.

Wait...aren't you one of the leaders of the pack of Manny being one of the biggest cancers of ANY locker room?:confused: Now he is "special"?:confused::confused:

Nope. I'm neutral on Manny. I actually still have a special place in my heart for him. He came up through the Indians farm system and started his pro career as an Indian. He's never done anything to my team.

There's no other player in the league I'd want batting for me in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs to win a World Series. I'd take Manny over anyone in that spot.

I'm neutral on Manny. I actually still have a special place in my heart for him. He came up through the Indians farm system and started his pro career as an Indian. He's never done anything to my team.

There's no other player in the league I'd want batting for me in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs to win a World Series. I'd take Manny over anyone in that spot.

Manny can get under your skin and cause some problems, but he is not Milton Bradley. If you want to talk about a team cancer, THERE'S your guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)