The NL East

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The Mets finally found something called offense and it showed up today. They still are injury prone but have righted the ship somehow. They did barely hold on to win today but a win's a win.
Luckily, the Phillies have not taken off yet or the Mets season would have been over.

The Mets are in deep trouble. They have NOTHING to back up the starters and even less in the minors. What happened to all these prospects they had? I would be pist if I was a Met fan and have to pay for the product that is on the field. Unless there is a major collapse by the teams infront of the Mets and a fountain of youth that secretly runs through the new stadium....the only team they might end up infront of is the Nationals.

I think the Reds have just layed down now after seeing them play the Mets.

Really, how can anyone get swept by that AA team... because they weren't!!!

The Reds did beat them Friday night...but losing 2 out of 3 to them is hardly reassuring!!!...:rolleyes:

Oh...for some reason I thought the Mets swept the Reds. MY BAD.....but you are right though, losing 2 out of 3 to them is not good.

The Mets are in deep trouble. They have NOTHING to back up the starters and even less in the minors. What happened to all these prospects they had? I would be pist if I was a Met fan and have to pay for the product that is on the field. Unless there is a major collapse by the teams infront of the Mets and a fountain of youth that secretly runs through the new stadium....the only team they might end up infront of is the Nationals.

I guess you were right Salsa!!! The team is terrible and the injuries have killed this team. What a fustrating year and its not over yet. Plus, Pedro is now going to pitch against the Mets...as a Philly. If the Mets get swept this weekend it wouldnt surprise me.

Awful.... Notwithstanding injuries to key players. Baserunning errors, poor base coaching, manuel not having a clue how to handle a pithcing staff, stpid decsions by GM Minaya, ridiculous fielding errors and mistakes....
Idiotic handling of the farm system...Need I say more. As a lifelong Mets fan ,this is torture.....
Ownership has to recognize that both Minaya and Manuel HAVE to go....Same for Razor Shines ..That guy is arguably the worst third base coach in franchise history.
I've had it.....!!!!!!

I agree with most of what you said dishcomm. I think Razor Shines must go but I dont think you could blame Manuel for the pitching. I mean, Tim Redding, come on. Hes lucky hes in baseball much less pitching for the Mets. Same goes for Livian Hernandez.

As far as Minaya, I think hes a nice guy but my patience is running thin. Orlando Hudson, Derek Lowe, Bobby Abreau etc. Its funny, I saw an article about what the Mets would look w/o the bad trades etc. and they look like a halfway decent team. The only question left for the Mets is will the Mets play with some pride and not get there asses kicked for the rest of the year??

I agree with most of what you said dishcomm. I think Razor Shines must go but I dont think you could blame Manuel for the pitching. I mean, Tim Redding, come on. Hes lucky hes in baseball much less pitching for the Mets. Same goes for Livian Hernandez.

As far as Minaya, I think hes a nice guy but my patience is running thin. Orlando Hudson, Derek Lowe, Bobby Abreau etc. Its funny, I saw an article about what the Mets would look w/o the bad trades etc. and they look like a halfway decent team. The only question left for the Mets is will the Mets play with some pride and not get there asses kicked for the rest of the year??
There is no chemistry in the clubhouse. I would imagine that there is quite a bit of headscratching among the players given the media attention to the weekly management blunders.
The indcident with that Daily News reporter that Minaya orignally said kept hounding him looking for a job with the Mets mamangemnt whne al the reporter asked was what would he have to do to get a job in baseball office management. MInaya had to change his tune and issued a mea culpa..What the hell is that all about. Should not minaya be looking into ways to improve the team instead of getting into public spats with beat reporters?
Manuel shows no passion. He does not know how to manage a pitching staff. In that area ,he is a carbon copy of Willie Randolph. Manuel cannot or does not think outside the box. A good manager knows how to improvise ,overcome and adapt.. Manuel is a deer in the headlights.

There is no chemistry in the clubhouse. I would imagine that there is quite a bit of headscratching among the players given the media attention to the weekly management blunders.

There is no chemistry because nobody knows each other. It SEEMS like every couple of weeks, some was either called up, traded to, picked up from somewhere to be in the big league club. I cannot really blame the manager....he he NO CLUE he was gonna manage a A-AA team in New York. I bet he barely knows everyone's name yet. This falls ALL on Minaya AND the scouting department. I mean it's ONE thing to have ton of injuries....nothing you can really do about that, bit to not scout well enough to have some decent pieces in the farm system to REPLACE them is totally UNACCEPTABLE! I, when teams that are supposed to be my teams rivals suck, watching/attending those games are NO fun at all. MLB NEEDS the Mets to be good and competitive.

There is no chemistry because nobody knows each other. It SEEMS like every couple of weeks, some was either called up, traded to, picked up from somewhere to be in the big league club. I cannot really blame the manager....he he NO CLUE he was gonna manage a A-AA team in New York. I bet he barely knows everyone's name yet. This falls ALL on Minaya AND the scouting department. I mean it's ONE thing to have ton of injuries....nothing you can really do about that, bit to not scout well enough to have some decent pieces in the farm system to REPLACE them is totally UNACCEPTABLE! I, when teams that are supposed to be my teams rivals suck, watching/attending those games are NO fun at all. MLB NEEDS the Mets to be good and competitive.
Turnover is only part of the chemsitry issue.
Yes the farm system is pitiful. Taking a look at the performance of teams right down to the Sally League, all of them are junk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)