USB Digital OTA Tuner in Dish Store

I'm actually not so sure about this. Earlier in the year, a network program I normally watch was pre-empted by a baseball game. I set it to record on the sister, non big four local network manually. To my surprise, autohop was available on it the next day. So, my theory is that, as long as PTAT is enabled, autohop is determined by the show and not necessarily the channel it was recorded from. Hence why I'm thinking it might work with OTA recordings.

Hmmm, this makes me wonder...if I enable PTAT for a single network, and have timers for shows on other networks that fall inside the primetime block, I may get Autohop on those? I'll have to test this :)

Do you think if I upgrade from 722k/222k to 2 hopper system, they would throw in the OTA modules seeing I have the mt2 installed in current receivers. I know when I worked for Dish, they would gratis the upgrade if your current set up had the OTA. Maybe DIRT has an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Do you think if I upgrade from 722k/222k to 2 hopper system, they would throw in the OTA modules seeing I have the mt2 installed in current receivers. I know when I worked for Dish, they would gratis the upgrade if your current set up had the OTA. Maybe DIRT has an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You may want to wait until the product is actually released first then ask.

Instead of connecting an OTA can you connect cable TV?
Most likely not. NTSC cable and clear QAM are probably not long for the world. My local Comcast is telling me that their lifeline package will require CableCard (either through my able TV or their cable box).

Hmmm, this makes me wonder...if I enable PTAT for a single network, and have timers for shows on other networks that fall inside the primetime block, I may get Autohop on those? I'll have to test this :)
PTAT depends on recording an entire transponder and processing it for subsequent viewing. Picking and choosing random other channels doesn't seem much in line with that.

i lost my Thesaurus. I can't think of other words better then SOON.

Here ya go!

Definition: in the near future
Synonyms: anon, any minute now, before long, betimes, by and by, coming down the pike, directly, early, ere long, expeditiously, fast, fleetly, forthwith, hastily, in a little while, in a minute, in a second, in a short time, in due time, in short order, in time, instantly, lickety-split, on time, posthaste, presently, promptly, pronto, quick, quickly, rapidly, short, shortly, speedily

:D

One thing I hope this thing doesn't do is if your ota loses signal it causes the whole hopper to lose its mind like on the 722k.

Here ya go!

Definition: in the near future
Synonyms: anon, any minute now, before long, betimes, by and by, coming down the pike, directly, early, ere long, expeditiously, fast, fleetly, forthwith, hastily, in a little while, in a minute, in a second, in a short time, in due time, in short order, in time, instantly, lickety-split, on time, posthaste, presently, promptly, pronto, quick, quickly, rapidly, short, shortly, speedily

:D

Ok then... I won't say soon anymore... the OTA Tuner Module is coming IN TIME! :D

I hope they release manual timers alongside the tuner...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

PTAT depends on recording an entire transponder and processing it for subsequent viewing. Picking and choosing random other channels doesn't seem much in line with that.

You're right, but I only watch one show on NBC, which I'd like to get AutoHop for, while I watch several on Fox. I hate to have it eat up all that hard drive space for all those NBC shows that I know I'll never watch, so for that one NBC show I'd like to enable PTAT for Fox only, set up a timer for that one NBC show, and still get the AutoHop.

You can set which network(s) you want PTAT to record, and you can set which day(s) PTAT is enabled. I'd love to have a matrix where I can tweak both -- "PTAT Fox and ABC on Sunday, ABC and NBC on Monday", etc. Lacking that, I'm kind of hoping (but not counting on) maybe forcing the download of the Autohop information by enabling PTAT for one night on one network :)

You're right, but I only watch one show on NBC, which I'd like to get AutoHop for, while I watch several on Fox. I hate to have it eat up all that hard drive space for all those NBC shows that I know I'll never watch, so for that one NBC show I'd like to enable PTAT for Fox only, set up a timer for that one NBC show, and still get the AutoHop.

You can set which network(s) you want PTAT to record, and you can set which day(s) PTAT is enabled. I'd love to have a matrix where I can tweak both -- "PTAT Fox and ABC on Sunday, ABC and NBC on Monday", etc. Lacking that, I'm kind of hoping (but not counting on) maybe forcing the download of the Autohop information by enabling PTAT for one night on one network :)

PTAT records to it's own disk space. You have a ton on your space so I wouldn't worry about it. Even if you disable PTAT you gain nothing on your available space. I'd leave it entire enabled....

I can't find a good reason to enable PTAT. Maybe a night here or there. Might just do it just to try it but no conflicts. With OTA even less reason.

PTAT records to it's own disk space. You have a ton on your space so I wouldn't worry about it. Even if you disable PTAT you gain nothing on your available space. I'd leave it entire enabled....

Not anymore. That was changed in a recent update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)