USB WiFi for 722K

Thanks for the replies, however I think what I need to know if there are USB adapters other than the one Dish sells and the Netgear unit that will work with the reciever? Does the Netgear unit have some proprietary software needed to work with the Dish receiver? Is it just the speed issue that drives the need for the Netgear unit?

Thanks guys,

Jim

hobie16 said:
Thanks for the replies, however I think what I need to know if there are USB adapters other than the one Dish sells and the Netgear unit that will work with the reciever? Does the Netgear unit have some proprietary software needed to work with the Dish receiver? Is it just the speed issue that drives the need for the Netgear unit?

Thanks guys,

Jim

No, only the Netgear one works. Dish's software supports only that adapter. But if you wanted to you could use a wireless bridge and connect it to the 722K's Ethernet port...

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Thanks guys,

Jim

Officially, the Netgear Model WNDA3100v2 is the only USB wireless adapter we support. We sell these for $25.

OK, so I don't have the correct WiFi adapter, instead I ran a cat5e cable form my router to the DVR; now what?
I did the broadband set up and the connection is online but there isn't any information in the "My DVR" menu for movies, tv shows etc. Do I have activate something else?

So I am wondering about this too. I have the 722k DVR and plugged in the netgear wifi adapter. I went through the set up and it said it is connected. I go to the dishanywhere app and click on dvr. It says I need the sling adapter.... Any ideas on this? I was under the impression that the sling adapter and the wifi adapter did the samr thing....

So I am wondering about this too. I have the 722k DVR and plugged in the netgear wifi adapter. I went through the set up and it said it is connected. I go to the dishanywhere app and click on dvr. It says I need the sling adapter.... Any ideas on this? I was under the impression that the sling adapter and the wifi adapter did the samr thing....
No, they don't... The WiFi adapter brings a wireless internet connection to your 722. The Sling Adapter allows sling to go over that wireless internet connection. You need both to be able to use DishAnywhere.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)