Use it or Throw it away..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

N3KTH

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Hi Guys...

New to FTA and enjoying it.. I have a Lifetime NA and a 80" dish with a HH90... All works well....

Recently I also got a receiver that some idiot once used on the dark side.. I want nothing to do with that kinda thing as I find FTA quite enjoyable and this is all I really want to do...

My question is, can the receiver be flashed back for use on regular FTA? It is called a MAX 2000... As mentioned, I'd like to return to it regular fta use which I assume it was designed to do... Can it be done or should I junk it and just buy another good Fortec receiver (I know there are better but I'm used to this one!)

Al

as long as we know what software the clone one takes, sure you can flash it back to legit status. I did that with an old Fortec I got :)

Havent heard of max2000 so I dont know what software it would take

Thanks!

Thanks Ice.... It looks like a nice receiver but I don't have a manual for it (I do have the cable for hooking it to the computer).... I turned it on, and it appears all works (but it doesn't do what I want, as mentioned, I want it to be as it came from factory)...

I found this... http://www.freetoairdvb.com/max2000.asp

did some research and it looks like its a clone of a Digiwave 7000

I had a box (KUSat 2600a) that worked the same way.

Here is the factory software (from Digiwave). PLease note I do not know if this will work or not. When you power it on, if the screen is orange and say "digital" then the Digiwave software will work.

Last edited:
thanks

Thanks Ice.. I'll give it a shot tonight.. Nothing to lose since it does nothing now :)

I obtained a Pansat 3500 thru a similar situation, it was dead when I got it. It was tricky because the null modem cable (9-pin serial like cable) wouldn't work and I ended up having to manufacture a jtag cable to flash it back to factory software but its all good now. I'm not familiar with that receiver but if you need some technical help I might be able to assist.
Good Luck!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts