USE of DVD Recorders with Dish Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Glenndib

Original poster
Apr 21, 2006
My old JVC VCR died and I want to replace it with a DVD Recorder. Does anyone know if there is a DVD recorder on the market that will record the same as a VCR's does using the Dish VCR Event timers.

I have a Panasonic DMR-E80H DVD Recorder with an 80 GIG Harddrive. I just set the dish to come on for the prorgam I want to record and set the Panasonic to record to the harddrive at that time slot. By recording to the harddrive first you can edit out commericals or unwanted parts before you burn it to a DVD disk. Works great for movies. If you want to record to DVD it's the only way to go.
Good Luck with the dscision.

ewhite said:
I have a Panasonic DMR-E80H DVD Recorder with an 80 GIG Harddrive. I just set the dish to come on for the prorgam I want to record and set the Panasonic to record to the harddrive at that time slot. By recording to the harddrive first you can edit out commericals or unwanted parts before you burn it to a DVD disk. Works great for movies. If you want to record to DVD it's the only way to go.
Good Luck with the dscision.

I do the same thing (have a different model but it has the 80GB HD)

Most of the hard drive recorders will power off after a set period of inactivity to save the hard drive so you couldn't use the IR blaster from the Dish receiver anyway. The drawback of setting 2 timers is that sometimes I forget to set one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts