Use of old D* dish and LNB's?

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
Is any of my old D* equipment going to be of any use if I want to play with the dish and LNB's? :hammer:

I have a HUGHES HANT-53b with dual LNB for TV, plus single LNB for satellite internet.

Thanks!

It depends on what you mean by playing with the dish and lnbf's. Are you wanting to use the dish for FTA channels with a FTA receiver or to use with another service?

Stargazer said:
It depends on what you mean by playing with the dish and lnbf's. Are you wanting to use the dish for FTA channels with a FTA receiver or to use with another service?

Well 'Free to air' would be a nice bonus, but was also wondering since E* is going to a Dish500 setup in my area instead of Superdish, that I could possibly use the D* one for a 'Poor mans Superdish' as one thread is titles or maybe as a secondary dish pointing to 61.5 or 148. The 53b is almost exactly the same size and shape as a SD.

I paid $385 for the setup when I wanted DirecPC 2 years ago. Now I have DSL and am switching to E*.

Since I found this forum, I have been bitten by the bug. I wanted a C-Band system after I helped a friend re-align his big dish nearly 15 years ago, but never had the money. I liked to watch the 'Live Feeds' from news as it happened.

I know that D* equipment can't be used for C-band now, but if I can keep from using it for a birdbath, then all of my money is not lost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts