USED DVR 522 - Need help setting up...Please Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RamblinRoyce

Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
the situation -

Bought a Used DVR 522. They only gave me one remote...Remote 2.
Only one coax cable line from the wall.

I just want to watch satellite with 1 tuner. I don't need 2 tuners and don't care if i have to watch what i'm recording.

Can i just split the coax cable with a basic splitter and send them to the Satellite 1 and 2 inputs?

Then, can i get by with just having remote 2 and not remote 1?

If i can just get the box to work and be able to use Remote 2 to control the DVR and channels, i'll be happy.

Thanks for your help.

hi there, on the back of your 522 rcvr it has sat in 1 and sat in 2 reguardless weither your using one or 2 tv both inputs have to be connected on back of rcvr what you will need will be a holland diplexer and dp plus seperator which will allow you to connect both inpt 1 & 2 hope this helps

hi there, on the back of your 522 rcvr it has sat in 1 and sat in 2 reguardless weither your using one or 2 tv both inputs have to be connected on back of rcvr what you will need will be a holland diplexer and dp plus seperator which will allow you to connect both inpt 1 & 2 hope this helps

Which only will work with a Dish Pro Plus switch or LNB. If you have a dish pro or legacy lnbs you need to run 2 lines to the 522 and not use the seperator. And yes you could program the Tv2 UHF remote to work on Tv1 in the sys info screen.

Or remove the battery cover on the #2 remote and then remove the blue key turn it over and it operates as a number 1 remote just hacve to set it to the correct address.

Thanks for the replies.

Decided to just buy a 311 Receiver and forgo the DVR ability. Figured it's not worth trying to figure out a way around the 2 inputs...

Thanks again for your help.

Heck, a DPP Twin LNB is probably cheaper than a 311.

Perhaps if you had given more information about your existing system and what you were ultimately wanting to achieve, you would have received a little more helpful information.

boba and WiCkeDuDe gave good tips on how to utilize the TV-2 remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)