Used to have C/Ku setup and want to turn it back on again....

Sinsky

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2020
Truckee, CA
Years ago I used to have a C Band set up and one day decided to shelve it and maybe get back into it again. Well, now 7 years later I want to turn it on again, but I don't remember how to hook everything up. I have a 10' horizon to horizon steel dish, a Titanium ASC1 and a Amiko Mini HD SE set up. I re-wired to the back of the ASC1, but I have two coax cables coming in from the dish and only 1 connector from the LNB on the back of the ASC1. What am I missing in order to hook the two feeds to the one connector? I assume I just run a coax to the Amiko and I am ready to go, right? I am guessing the last time I used the dish was in 2014-15:

how many of my original settings of satellites will be the same?
Is there anything I need to do to the equipment to update it?
Honestly, it's been so long ago, I pretty much forgot everything about it. Is there someone out there who could help me re-figure how to set this all up again?

Reactions: FTA4PA
Years ago I used to have a C Band set up and one day decided to shelve it and maybe get back into it again. Well, now 7 years later I want to turn it on again, but I don't remember how to hook everything up. I have a 10' horizon to horizon steel dish, a Titanium ASC1 and a Amiko Mini HD SE set up. I re-wired to the back of the ASC1, but I have two coax cables coming in from the dish and only 1 connector from the LNB on the back of the ASC1. What am I missing in order to hook the two feeds to the one connector? I assume I just run a coax to the Amiko and I am ready to go, right? I am guessing the last time I used the dish was in 2014-15:

how many of my original settings of satellites will be the same?
Is there anything I need to do to the equipment to update it?
Honestly, it's been so long ago, I pretty much forgot everything about it. Is there someone out there who could help me re-figure how to set this all up again?
If you have individual coax cables coming in for ku and c then I'm guessing you had a diseqc switch at one point to allow your receiver to select between the two. A lot has changed up there since 2014-2015 so you will probably need to do quite a bit of blind scanning to get up to date. ;)

Reactions: k.r.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts