Using 21.1 IR/UHF Pro to Control TV 1 from adjacent Room

eaw7100

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
United States
Here's my deal: I have a VIP 722K Receiver. I recently upgraded TV2 from an old school Standard Definition TV to an Amazon Fire HDTV. As recommended on another thread, I purchased a HDMI splitter and a 100 foot HDMI cable to get HDTV using TV1 output on TV2.

Now I am trying to get TV2 Remote to control the output. I tried flipping the #2 tab and pairing the remote to the receiver but it only works close to the receiver. What step did I miss?

The simplest way to fix that problem is to go into solo mode. This means you get the same thing on the TV2 output as you do on the TV1 output, and either remote controls both TVs.

I think, if you really want to convert your TV2 remote into a TV1 remote, you will need to change the input mode on TV1 from IR only to IR and UHF. <-- memory hazy on that

Reactions: charlesrshell
Here's my deal: I have a VIP 722K Receiver. I recently upgraded TV2 from an old school Standard Definition TV to an Amazon Fire HDTV. As recommended on another thread, I purchased a HDMI splitter and a 100 foot HDMI cable to get HDTV using TV1 output on TV2.

Now I am trying to get TV2 Remote to control the output. I tried flipping the #2 tab and pairing the remote to the receiver but it only works close to the receiver. What step did I miss?
Flipping the tab is only half of it. Did you go into settings (Menu Button twice) and set the remote for IR/UHF?? Hold the Sat Button til all the lights go on, press, pound, record and you'll see it change on screen

There is a special tab needed for TV 1 UHF Pro. All the tab does is slide a 4 position switch, so all you need is a small flat object to slide the switch to the correct position if you don't have the correct tab. TV1 UHF Pro tabs were difficult to find even back in the day.

Screenshot 2022-07-03 215834.png

Reactions: charlesrshell
Ok, I finally got the TV2 remote to control TV1 output. I had already flipped the #2 tab and paired the remote to the receiver when I started this thread. This worked very intermittently. I got it working completely by moving the UHF antenna using a coaxial cable.

Next question: how to I pair the original 20.1 IR remote to the receiver? I can not flip the tab to TV2. Is there another way?