Using 61.5 over 129

chindman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Senoia, GA
I live in the Atlanta area and sometimes have problems with LOS on the 129 thus some tp's don't come in well. The locals are on tp 4 so I usually have them. My setup is a 622 from a DPP44 with 119/110/129/61.5 coming into the reciever. My question is this, if I lose the 129 does the 622 automatically pickup the 61.5 to get the HD progam or is there something I have to manually do inside the 622 to force it to look at 61.5.

The switch sees 61.5 and 129, could I swap the coax on the DPP 44 positions so that the 61.5 would be in the 3rd port and 129 on the 4th port. That way the 622 sees the 61.5 first then looks for the 129 for my locals.

Nope, sorry. Discussed in other threads, the conclusion seems to be that it's pretty much random as to which one you'll get. Do you really need 129? Just leave 61.5 connected, 129 disconnected.

It's really frustrating not to be able to save a preference, where the same channel comes from two satellites.

We had some bad weather the other day and all my 129 channels were out, so I did something you should never do in bad weather: ran check switch. 129 went away, the channels I was looking for magically started working since 61.5 was the only one of the two still available.

I hear you, had it happen last night with the rain GA is getting right now and since my DPP44 is on the roof it makes it impossible to unhook 129. Thinking about moving my switch to the ground level.

I am also looking at that as well with a possible attic installation. I really liked your setup charles that I seen in another thread and I might run with some of your ideas.

I am also looking at that as well with a possible attic installation. I really liked your setup charles that I seen in another thread and I might run with some of your ideas.

Thanks. Feel free to ask me if you need any help. I don't know that much about satellite stuff though, still learning.

Dish RSN HD recording on DVR

Nighttime failure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)