Using 721 simply to watch PVR events...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SteveinDanville

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
I just hooked up my new (leased) 942, and I've kept my 721 with 70 hours of recordings on the PVR. I have been assured by Dish tech group that I do not need it to be hooked up to a dish to be able to play recordings off the hard drive, but that doesn't seem to be the case. When I turn on the 721, a screen stays on forever saying to please wait, acquiring satellite signal. Well, since I have no dish feeding into it, it's going to be looking for a signal for a loooooooooong time. I can't get past that window to get to the PVR, so I'm wondering what the heck I have to do to get to those recordings. I want to be able to see them over the next month or so, and then sell it on eBay. Any ideas on how to access the hard drive?????

Smith said:
Did you try press PVR button ? Or Menu ?
Yes, the first thing I tried was the PVR button and it did nothing. Pushed a bunch of other buttons, like Cancel, but nothing. I did not hit the Menu button...I'm out of town right now, but for anybody out there in front of their TV, is there a way to get to the PVR recordings through the Menu button? I can't remember.......

larrystotler said:
Hit Menu. It will bring the menu up and then go from there. I do it all the time.
Thanks for the VERY positive response...I don't need to have any cables hooked up from Ant. 1 or 2 do I? I can just have the audio/video outs plugged in (plus power cord, duh) and going to the receiver/plasma and that's it?

Got home tonight and hit menu 1-1 and there it was, and the PVR functions worked fine! I just now need to figure out where the heck I fed the audio into the receiver????? I'll find it! Thanks one and all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)