Using a 522 remote on a 322 ...????

scamparoni

Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
Without getting into a lot of background I ended up buying 2 522 UHF remotes even though I only wanted 1. I wanted to help a friend get his 522 TV1 working on UHF instead of IR [think you can setup the 522 to use UHF on TV1 with a different channel-I havnt tried this one yet].
As I ended up with 2 of these things I thought "OK I'll use one on my 322 as a second UHF on TV2 which supplies 2 rooms with the remote always being in the one room that I am not.
So I follow the instructions to set the thing to channel 1 [which were the same steps as a 322 remote] and blow me it ...doesnt work. :no

So I admit it I have no idea what to do next as it is definitely set on channel 1 [as is the original 322 remote] but I can press all I want no go

Anybody out there in an inspirational mood and have a good idea ?

Thanks for any tips

I know the 522 IR remote "1" works on a 301. I would guess that the UHF Pro "2" remotes should work the same assuming they are on the correct channel. Maybe you got a defective one? It is in "blue key" mode isn't it? If it's in IR mode, it definitely won't work in another room.

Hi, Welcome to satellite guys. Sorry your thread slipped passed us.

Ok, so you want to use a second 522 TV2 UHF remote you have as your TV1 remote on the 322?

To start you'd go to the 322 Menu, 6, 1, 8 and select enable.
Next go over to system info.
Press the "Up" button on your remote twice until the box next to "Primary Remote Address" is highlighted in yellow.

Now, grab your the 522 TV2 remote that you want to use on the 322 TV1.
1. Hold down the "Sat" button (upper left corner of the remote) for a few seconds until all four of the top buttons light up. When they all light up, release the "Sat" button.

The Sat button should now be flashing.

Enter a number on the keypad of the remote. In can be any number between 1 and 16 but it MUST be different than the number that's in the lower box (next to "Secondary Remote Address"). If you do try to enter the same number, you will be prompted that it isn't allowed.

After entering your number, press the pound/search key "#" (lower right corner). Wait a second. The "Sat" button (upper left corner) should flash three times.

After the Sat button has finished flashing, press the "Record" button on the remote (near the middle, under the "Pause" button). The yellow box should now display the number you entered in step #2.

Press the "Down" button on the remote two times until "Done" is highlighted.

Press "Select" on the remote.

here's where I copied this from in case it's clearer: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=139701&postcount=13

Thanks for the fast response times there........
I am trying to use a 522 UHF Pro 6.0 [TV2] as a 2nd UHF remote on a 322 TV2 [original is UHF Pro 4.0]. The 522 remote is the blue one #2. Maybe the 522 one is defect who knows, but I will receive a 2nd one soon so I can test that too. Just wanted to know if this combination can possibly work at all.
Sellers on ebay claim it does.......however that doesnt really mean much ;)

Thanks for any input
Scamparoni

Sure, just change the remote address of the remote you want to use to the same address as the 322.

On the remote you'd hold down the Sat button, enter the remote address and hit #