Using a Directv Dish for Dish Network

Anch.AK

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Had a quick question. I have a 1.2m Directv Dish and I no longer use it. It was for satellites 99, 101, and 103, but I was curious if this dish is capable of locking onto Echostar satellites 119, and 110? Since I was also a former Dish Network customer and moved to cable because I need National Geographic and Military channels. If this dish can lock onto 119, and 110 that would be great since I have an old Dish Network 300 dish and to get satellite 110 in Alaska we're supposed to buy a crazy expensive $600 1.2m Dish 500 from a local retailer and since I had a bad experience with Directv I was hoping to use their dish for Echostar satellies.
Thanks

The lnbs on the Directv dish are for satellites 99, 101, and 103. At lease for the dish in Alaska and Hawaii they are.

So I can use this Directv dish for Dish Network programming as long as I'm using E* recievers.

Looking at what the dish picks up now I would say that the lnbf spacing may not work to allow you to pick them both up at the same time unless you were to use the 99 to get the 110 and the 103 to get the 119 but I think you would have to seperate the two a bit further to get both signals at a good level. This may have to be looked at further depending on how far out the lnbfs are from the reflector to, on a superdish 121 the 110 and 119 are further apart than on a d500 becuase the focal points are further apart, am I making sense?

Van said:
Looking at what the dish picks up now I would say that the lnbf spacing may not work to allow you to pick them both up at the same time unless you were to use the 99 to get the 110 and the 103 to get the 119 but I think you would have to seperate the two a bit further to get both signals at a good level. This may have to be looked at further depending on how far out the lnbfs are from the reflector to, on a superdish 121 the 110 and 119 are further apart than on a d500 becuase the focal points are further apart, am I making sense?

The 99 and 103 lnbs are Ka. They won't pick up anything on Dish Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts