Using a learning remote is a great improvement

swade

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
My TOSHIBA HDA1 has the worst remote and it appears the problem is largely with the remote. I have a Pioneer AV receiver, which comes with a learning remote so I programmed the most used functions into it. The result is quicker response times to commands. This process was also recommended in Sound & Vision magazine this month which is on their website for free.

I found this to make a big difference.
:up

Wade

You should try the Harmony!

swade said:
My TOSHIBA HDA1 has the worst remote and it appears the problem is largely with the remote. I have a Pioneer AV receiver, which comes with a learning remote so I programmed the most used functions into it. The result is quicker response times to commands. This process was also recommended in Sound & Vision magazine this month which is on their website for free.

Wade

I did a review a while back of the harmony 880 by Logitech...FANTASTIC as are the other Harmony models. The 880's major down spot is the tiny buttons...but the lower priced models do not this issue\.

The harmony is especially adept at Macro functions and the web setup interface is a pleasure!...been thru many universal remotes in my day...this one does it all and fits well in your hand. I hear the other non rechagring battery types go thru batteries quickly! The 880 has a Lith Ion and ss in a nice charg9ng cradle when out of use!

LOVE IT!!!

You should try the Harmony!

:)
swade said:

Wade

I did a review a while back of the harmony 880 by Logitech...FANTASTIC as are the other Harmony models. The 880's major down spot is the tiny buttons...but the lower priced models do not this issue\.

The harmony is especially adept at Macro functions and the web setup interface is a pleasure!...been thru many universal remotes in my day...this one does it all and fits well in your hand. I hear the other non rechagring battery types go thru batteries quickly! The 880 has a Lith Ion and ss in a nice charg9ng cradle when out of use!

LOVE IT!!! And the lighting is controlled either by a button press...or just simple movement! NICE!!!

PCs seen playing key role in HD-DVD vs Blu-ray war

First HD DVD Writable Drive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)