Using an A-B Switch with FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gary Z

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Seguin, Texas
I have receivers in 2 different rooms and one fixed dish. Is there a way I can connect both receivers to an A-B Switch. I know about the loop out but since I will not be watching TV in both rooms at the same time would it be possible to use an A-B Switch to switch the incoming signal between the receivers thus avoiding only watching one polarity on the second receiver?

I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. But if you use the "loop out" then you could do it without an A/B switch, just turn off the receiver you are not using and go and use the other one.

I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. But if you use the "loop out" then you could do it without an A/B switch, just turn off the receiver you are not using and go and use the other one.

The loop out is a good idea but would the other receiver be only on the polarity of the main receiver using the loop out feature?

if the main receiver is in standby the 2nd receiver will work just fine in most cases

Now I have a analog receiver slaved to the Coolsat 5000 and when the 5000 is off the analog doesnt get anything ;)

I assume you have one cable and a single output LNBF. The loop-out will work just as described above with full control by the slave receiver if the master receiver is on Standby.

Also, an A/B switch will work. Check the specs on the A/B switch and make sure it passes voltage and frequency up to 2400 Mhz.

If you have a dual output LNBF, just run a second cable to the 2nd receiver.

I've modded high isolation A/B and A/B/C tv antenna switches and they work just fine. If it has a 75 ohm termination resistor to ground you just have to remove it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)