Using Diplexors

Rick36

Original poster
Sep 11, 2004
Can anyone assist me with a diplexor question? I have a Dish Network 500 with a built in Quad switch. I had a splice at the line going down the wall in my attic. I removed the coupler and installed a diplexer at that joint along with an antenna. I then split it again with a diplexor at the outlet and connected one to Sat receiver and the other to my Antenna input. The Antenna works great and I get all the local HD channels fine. But I have completely lost my signal to the Satellite. Any Ideas.

You need to put the power block on the DIPLEXOR in the attic. to much power is getting through. (also know as DC BLOCK)

-Chas

Welcome aboard, Rick36!

Checking which side of the diplexEr is hooked to what is in order, and what ajohnson said about RG-6 & cable & diplexEr rated to above 2150MHz.

chastulsa: That makes no sense at all. There's no way it can be "too much power". An LNBF will draw what it needs to draw - no more no less. If not enough is available, you'll get a voltage drop, but the opposite is NOT true. So, could you explain what you mean, please?

SimpleSimon said:
chastulsa: That makes no sense at all. There's no way it can be "too much power". An LNBF will draw what it needs to draw - no more no less. If not enough is available, you'll get a voltage drop, but the opposite is NOT true. So, could you explain what you mean, please?
I mean to much power for the Diplexor to pass the signal forward. I ran into this myself. I bought the Terk Diplexors and it came with 2 DC blocks. I couldnt figure ouit and I emailed Terk and DIsh, Dish had no clue, the terk people said to put the DC block on the first diplexer on the antenna side. Walla it fixed it!

OK. I still don't quite follow you - probably because I can't actually see this model of diplexer, but happy you go it running.

The common case is that one side of the diplexer blocks DC, and that side MUST be on the OTA antenna side - at both ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)