Using Dish Network

nmstough

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 6, 2005
How can one activate a Dish Network receiver (HDTV model 942) on Expressvu? They would not do it for me when I called up.

How can one activate a 4DTV receiver model 920 on Star Choice? They would not do it for me when I called up.

How can one activate a Voom DSR550 on Star Choice? They would not do it for me when I called up.

nmstough said:
How can one activate a Dish Network receiver (HDTV model 942) on Expressvu? They would not do it for me when I called up.

you can't

You have to get the 9200 because of the serial numbers & Receiver numbers

They are for a specific company...cant be interchanged :)

At one time... There was a guy on the online auctions who was downloading EV software to Dishnet receivers, putting EV cards in them, then selling them.

I got a 5100 from him myself and had it added to my account.

I think that possiblility went way with the internal cards.

Wll I am not going to fork out hundreds of dollars just to buy something I already have. If I reactivate my receiver on Dish Network, is there any way they can check its location outside the US? (I would not connect a local phone line to it.)

nmstough said:
Wll I am not going to fork out hundreds of dollars just to buy something I already have. If I reactivate my receiver on Dish Network, is there any way they can check its location outside the US? (I would not connect a local phone line to it.)
If that receiver has no balance owed....Why don't you just sell it online and turn around and buy an EV receiver from a retailer in Canada? It is possible that you can sell yours for the same price as what you could buy a new one from EV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts