using Dish pointing screen

sg9999

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Can I use the Dish signal pointing screen in Utilities BEFORE I activate my 625 receiver with Dish..??
thanks and Happy New Year..

by the way.. will my reman 625(i assume) have a card in it..Solid Signal..?? I talked to the rep there and he didnt say anything about needing it.... and will Dish charge me an activation fee aside from the monthly..??? i am getting 200, non HD on a 500 dish..

yeah if its a re-manufactured one it has the new card in it....unless its some really old stock. In some cases Dish will waive the replacement card fee if you tell them it was purchased new from a Dish retailer

it says it comes with DP seperator...is that the card???
No! The separator is a little gizmo that looks like a TV coax splitter. It is used to split a DishPro Plus antenna coax into two coaxes for feeding both tuners on the 625. IIRC, the smart card goes into a slot behind the door on the left.

Basically, as Iceberg said, Smart Card ID S19 will be the new (purple) card. When you get the receiver up and running, just press MENU - MENU and look under Smart Card ID. Make sure it starts with S19. If it does, you're good to go.

Who's installing your receiver? Do you already have a satellite dish set up? No offense, but if you don't know what a separator is, you might want to get someone to install it for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts