Using Dish Remote Access

kukblue1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Ok maybe someone on here can help me because dish network was no help at all. I can't access my dvr under dish remote access. I log onto my account and click Dish Remote Access. It goes to the "sling" website and shows my receivers but when I click on my Dvr nothing shows up. It says You have attempted to access a feature that requires your receiver to be connected to your home broadband network. Please ensure your receiver is currently connected to the Internet. If you are still experiencing issues, please try the following steps on your receiver:

I'm connect. It calls out. It used to work before probably 2 months ago was the last time I used it. Now nothing. Friends computer, work computer, home computer same problem. Dish tech told me to use firefox and that was the only advice he game me. Anyone else have a better solution.

Says conncted and online. I have ip address subnet mask primary dnx and mac address.

I'm having the same problem. I verified that my 722 is connected but when I try to connect to the 'My DVR' section it cannot connect.

My guess is that they are doing an update at their end.

I'm having the same problem. I verified that my 722 is connected but when I try to connect to the 'My DVR' section it cannot connect.

My guess is that they are doing an update at their end.

Same here. Haven't used this feature for a while, but was on the Dish Online yesterday with no problem. I just tried the Dish Online and it's downloading right now. So, apparently the problem is just with this MyDVR function.

Is the STB pingable from inside your network even when DishRemote is having issues? If so, then it is a problem with DishRemote, not your network. I have found DishRemote can be very flaky at times. One of my 722k's works just fine almost every time, but the other always has "connection" problems that I have figured out are not caused by my network. I found that while being in DishRemote, clicking "My Account" in the top-right corner, which takes you back to your account overview, then clicking Dish Remote Access again, usually fixes the "connection" problems. If it doesn't work the first time, try it again.

Another thing to check, in the top-left menu on DishRemote, where it lists your receiver(s), there is a little dot that is either green, yellow, or gray. If it is green, of course that means connection is established, if it is yellow, I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that it is connected to your network, but DishRemote itself is having issues. If it is gray, then your STB is not connected to the Internet. Though on one box I've had it turn gray once, even though the box was connected online. Resetting the connection (MENU - 6 - 1 - 8 - 2 - Reset Connection) fixes it.

I am also unable to access my DVR via Dish Remote Access. The receiver is connected to the internet and is pingable over my network. The "dot" in the upper-left of the Remote Access webpage is yellow. I have logged in and out to no avail. In addition, I cannot access my DVR via Dishonline. Resetting the network connection or rebooting the receiver does not help.

After experiencing problems off and on for several months, Dish Remote Access has worked flawlessly the past several weeks until two days ago when the DVR again became inaccessible. It would appear this is definitely a problem on Dish's end. I have reported the issue via Chat and email to no avail. Once the CSR finally figures out it is NOT a problem on my end they are clueless as to what the problem is. Yesterday I was told to send an email to the Remote Access "webmaster". When I inquired as to the location of the link or email address of the "webmaster", the CSR said he didn't know. :confused:

For whatever reason Remote Access is just not a reliable feature and Dish just cannot seem to keep it running smoothly.

I just tried it again, got right on. Have you tried different browsers?

Edit: I just checked the 'my dvr' section and have nothing listed as recorded or scheduled and the dish space say that my dvr is full. Everything else seems alright and I have a green dot next to the receiver's nickname.

Next edit: left remote access and got back on without leaving account and all is working correctly again. Maybe site maintenance?

I set up a two timers for today via Remote Access. I then viewed the scheduled events on my receiver to confirm the timers (as there is no online DVR access) and it showed three events scheduled...all at Midnight Monday on the date of 0 (yes zero). The events were from 12:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m on Monday 0 and the descriptions of the events bore no resemblance to what was scheduled to be recorded. The saga continues. :mad:

This service is unreliable.

It frequently will not show the connection. It has never worked 100%.

I will say that it has gotten somewhat better lately and all of the timers I do set up remotely (when I can login/see receiver) do work.

This is another rollout Dish did before they had their s**t together.

The 'My DVR' section is still grayed out and will not connect (either in Firefox or Chrome).

I seem to remember a comment from Scott on a thread about a new & improved Dishonline coming, so I still hope it is just maintenance on Dish's end.

BTW....while I have you here....does anyone have a quick bookmark to get to Remote Access?

No matter what I try to save (dish6.sling.com, for instance) I am forced to get to my Dish account and navigate one or two pages to get to right page.

Annoying to say the least.

The 'My DVR' section is still grayed out and will not connect (either in Firefox or Chrome).

I seem to remember a comment from Scott on a thread about a new & improved Dishonline coming, so I still hope it is just maintenance on Dish's end.

BTW....while I have you here....does anyone have a quick bookmark to get to Remote Access?

No matter what I try to save (dish6.sling.com, for instance) I am forced to get to my Dish account and navigate one or two pages to get to right page.

This is the way I get in: DISH Remote Access Login

I don't have to log in at all, it just goes right to wherever I left it, MyDVR, Grid, etc...

...BTW....while I have you here....does anyone have a quick bookmark to get to Remote Access?

I don't believe there is a shortcut. Yeah it is annoying. The link from my account has been bounced around among, dish.6.sling.com, dish5.sling.com and dish11.sling.com. Currently it is via dish6, still with no access to the DVR.

Again, for those of you that are having issues, I found that while being in DishRemote, clicking "My Account" in the top-right corner, which takes you back to your account overview, then clicking Dish Remote Access again, usually fixes the "connection" problems. If it doesn't work the first time, try it again. Sometimes it can take 3-5 times for me.

By the way, I'm not sure about the maintenance thing, but DISH Remote has been problematic for me since I've had service installed about a month ago.

Again, for those of you that are having issues, I found that while being in DishRemote, clicking "My Account" in the top-right corner, which takes you back to your account overview, then clicking Dish Remote Access again, usually fixes the "connection" problems. If it doesn't work the first time, try it again. Sometimes it can take 3-5 times for me.

I've used the log in/log out/log in again "workaround" for several months but for the past several days nothing I do will provide access to the DVR notwithstanding the fact it is connected to the network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)