Using Dish Remote Access

Guessing you've tried MENU - 6 - 1 - 8 - 2 - Reset Connection as well?

If so, I have no idea what the problem is with your setup, other than Remote Access is just flaky.

Oh yes I have reset the connection, hard rebooted the receiver, contacted Dish via chat and email...you name it but access to the DVR is impossible. Remote Access needs a lot more work by Dish to be even (pardon the pun) remotely characterized as reliable. What a joke.

It needs to be renamed as Partial Temporary Intermittent Sometimes Maybe Remote Access.

However the marketing department prefers this rather inaccurate description:

A whole new way to manage your DVR and record your favorite shows anytime, anywhere with your iPhone™ or iPod touch® or iPad™. With the touch of a fingertip you can easily browse the program guide, schedule DVR recordings and manage your DVR library as if you were at home.
You'll never miss your favorite shows or sporting events with this must-have application.
If you don't have an iPhone™ or iPod touch® or iPad™, you can still enjoy all the benefits of DISH Remote Access through the web browser on your PC.

********* What a crock. Yeah, right. Whoever came up with that marketing gem does not use Dish Remote Access.

I agree. It's completely a crapshoot, luckily I haven't had problems bad enough to make it not work completely. So far the "workaround" I posted works, though as previously mentioned I have to do it as much as 5 or more times sometimes, but I guess I'm lucky it works at all.

Also, the whole "sling" site in general is just slow as heck. I'm on dish2.sling.com by the way.

Oh, does your DVR have a yellow dot, or a gray dot by the receiver name?

how is it connected? it may be 'connected online' but if it has a very weak connection (power strips with slinglinks) you are going to have problems. if you are using dishcomm or a slinglink, try different outlets.

The DVR has a yellow dot. The receiver is connected directly to the power outlet with no powerstrip. I had previously used the log in log out workaround but for the past several weeks the workaround was not needed and the DVR was accessible every time I logged on. All of a sudden, no access. Nothing has changed on my end. I can see the receiver on my router and ping it with no problems so it would appear the problem is on Dish's end.

All Platinum channels disappeared from the guide several weeks ago, but that was fixed quickly after a Dish Chat. Now I notice Epix2, channel 381, is not showing in my guide. So only losing one Platinum channel from the guide this time appears to an improvement. :rolleyes:

To top it off I set a timer to record a movie on TNT using Remote Access. I thereafter checked the scheduled events on the receiver and found a sitcom on TNT was set to record from 12:00 a.m to 12:00 a.m. :confused:

So... Is DISH Remote Access getting any better for anyone?

Lately (today at least) it seems a bit faster, and has a lot less trouble connecting to the boxes. Still has occasional hiccups, but I don't have to keep trying for 5 mins like I was before.

I finally spoke to a CSR Saturday who understood my issues. I was advised the problem would be forwarded to the appropriate technical staff for a fix.

As of this morning Remote Access is working again and my DVR is fully accessible after log-in. Kudos to the CSR. :up

I finally spoke to a CSR Saturday who understood my issues. I was advised the problem would be forwarded to the appropriate technical staff for a fix.
I did almost the same except opened a 'Chat Session'. Fellow finally said he would get word to the engineers.

Saw your post.... logged in...and 'My DVR' lit up!

Hope it stays.:up

I frequently use Dish Remote Access on the Dish Web Site to set timers on our 622 which is NOT attached to the internet. Setting timers has always worked fairly well. I usually just use the "movies" filter and scan for things to record.

But the list of channels does not include several channels that we get with our dishHD Absolute package. For example, the list does not include EPIX1, EPIX2, RETRO, INDIE, etc. And it does include lots of channels we do not get. For example most premium channels, adult only channels, etc. And of course the channel list includes all the map down duplicates. As a result, for us at least, Dish Remote Access without a network connection is at best a nice idea waiting for someone to implement it correctly.

Is the a common problem or a personal one?

Talon Dancer

p.s. if this it too OT I'll start a new thread for Dish Remote Acces WITHOUT a network connection.

Last edited:
At one time the Platinum channels did not appear in my remote access guide and at times individual subscribed channels were missing. Those problems were corrected via Dish chat. I've never had channels not subscribed to show in the guide. I would guess this is an issue with your particular account.

Ugh... For me it's back to it's old ways again... Only this time it keeps resetting connection, can't even load the remote access page most of the time, been doing this all day.

What the heck?

I've been using the Dishnetwork.com path to my 2 722's for months now. It was reasonably stable, but since the last firmware update, with the Activation process, it has become really unreliable. I sometimes get the DVR back to Green by doing the Reset Connection, even though it shows a good ethernet connection in the first place, sometimes I have to do an Activation process to get it going.

I have found that I can set up programs to record on either of the 722's, even when they show the Yellow status.

Most recently, I can't even get a response from Dish.Sling.Com, so I'm currently dead in the water.

All in all, it's gone downhill.

Most recently, I can't even get a response from Dish.Sling.Com, so I'm currently dead in the water.
Today I'm getting a temporary login screen which tells about all the improvements they're making... And it won't let me log in at all! :p

I'm accessing just fine, I just did it.

Seems to be on and off. I just repeatedly got this response to my attempt to open Remote Access

Due to technical difficulties, we are unable to process your request at this time. You may try again in a few moments or contact the Customer Service Center at 1-888-884-2741 for account assistance.

Last edited:
Yes, it is off and on for me, working okay today, still slow though.

EDIT: Now I am also getting the same message as VicW.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts