Using Dishwire Ports On 921

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JBook

Original poster
Nov 14, 2004
Hello,
Before I state my question, here are the circumstances that led up to it. I recently was looking into upgrading my old Dish satellite receiver, and was really looking into the Dish Receiver 921. Now, before I went ahead and purchased it I knew that Dishwire ports weren't active, yet. I was still under the impression that they were soon to be upgraded. :mad:

Anyways, I purchased the Dish 921 and had it installed. There was a problem with the installation, so I had to get another tech down to my house to see what the problem was. After discussing what the problem could be, we talked about the Dish 921. He told me that the 921 is built upon a Linux base, and could be hacked to get the Dishwire ports to work!

So, my question is... Is this possible? Can the Dish 921 receiver be wired to get the Dishwire ports to work, and how? The hardrive is almost useless without them! I'd appreciate any help!

-----JBook-----

P.S. I'll take any suggestions at all, on how to get information off the hardrive!! :(

The Dishwire ports were discontinued with no plan support for them, newer models do not even have the ports on them.

Also because the unit is UNIX does not mean it can be motified as the 921 detects any changes to the hard drive and reinstalls everything if it detects a change.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)