Using Netgear usb wireless on my Joey

joustx

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
texas
i have 2hop/2joeyZ i have been using a Netgear 600 Adapter on 1 Joey and just the Coax on second Joey but i went to Wal-Mart last night and picked up a Cysco 1000 Adapter for my other joey. I put disc in Pc and booted up the Adapter worked fine then plugged in Joey and nothing happed it wont recognize it so i we back to Wal-Mart and got a netgear 900 thinking it would b better then my 600 and Nothing the joey wont recognize it either so i plugged my other 600 in and works perfect so i bouth another 600 Workz awsome MY Question is R there only some Adapters the Joey recognizes ????? THX in advance

Ok Thx, but could people post wich Adapters they use that works and dont work?? Im looking for a Adapter just a little better then the Netgear 600 My signal streanght is fluxing between 37 and 55 and i causing little problem with pic and sound at times thx

Yep the Dish receivers (ViP/H/J) only have driver support for the USB adapter model that Dish supplies (WNDA3100 v2, v1 won't even work.)

However any Ethernet-based wireless bridges should work.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Not to hijack anyone's thread but that is what I was trying to explain to my installer. He wanted to put a Joey in his attic but didn't want the cable everywhere and I said these guys do it on here wirelessly all the time, "go get yourself a game adaptor" then I had to spend another 20 mins explaining what a game adaptor was and how it functioned. Then he wanted to know if wireless really worked I'm like look here the people on here tote their joeys around their houses like ipads so if the people on here say it can be done it can so yes it works but you better have good wifi signal is what I've read. I swear people in this day and age don't research anything themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
It is not officially supported by Dish yet.. Yes it will work. But the installer is not supposed to hook it up that way..Yet..

Well in my case I had 2H/2J installed via coax then when I bought the third H I just swapped a J out for an H, did the appropriate rewiring at the dish/switches then just hooked the J I replaced up to the WiFi network. Of course, before they got Hopper bridging functioning correctly it meant that I had to have all H's hooked to Ethernet/WiFi but since Dish fixed the bridging I just have 1 H hooked to Ethernet and the rest get Internet through MoCA. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Unfortunately, Joey still needs coax for the initial software download upon activation. Tried doing it via wifi and hard ethernet and it was a no go.