Using old 4000 remote with 811

Moman19

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
St. Louis
Old 4000-series UHF Remotes

Since the topic seems to be on remote controls.....

I recently upgraded from an old 4000- series receiver to the new 811. Although I have 2 older, blue-button UHF remotes set to the same code number as the new 811, they will not control the 811 thru walls but will via IR when in the same room. What's with this? I would love to use the "old" when in other rooms.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Moman19 said:
Since the topic seems to be on remote controls.....

I recently upgraded from an old 4000- series receiver to the new 811. Although I have 2 older, blue-button UHF remotes set to the same code number as the new 811, they will not control the 811 thru walls but will via IR when in the same room. What's with this? I would love to use the "old" when in other rooms.

Does anyone know if this is possible?
Welcome to SatelliteGuys, I moved your post since the other thread you posted in was not about remotes but rather had to do with software updates...

To answer your question, I have heard this alot. The older "Legacy" UHF remotes do operate on a separate frequency, thus they will not work with the DP UHF units. The IR is universal to Echostar receivers so this is why this works with IR. The newer UHF Pro 8.0 doesn't transmit IR for sat mode...kinda stupid...I really don't know why they made these design changes.

To get your old remotes to work, your only option would be to buy an IR extender...These are relatively inexpensive...Or you could buy additional UHF Pro 8.0 remotes for your other rooms but they wouldn't work on your 4000 receiver.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts