Using / Re-setting the Samsung SIR-TS360 without an access card

T-Max

Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Just thought I'd post this thread -

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-hd-discussions/59156-how-totally-reset-sir-ts360.html

over here since it really more properly belongs in the OTA area rather than the general DirecTV HD area. It's a thread that I found via Google and it really was helpful to me (having purchased a box on ebay that had no access card).

It pertains to use of the SIR-TS360 for OTA without an access card and has good info in the thread. The bottom line on the access card is that ANY D* card will do to get you to the menu you need to get to in order to re-set the antenna setting to "no dish." After you do that, you no longer need any card to use it for OTA.

But it seems you do need a card (ANY card) to get to that menu. And if you don't get to that menu, you can't re-set it to "no dish." Which means it can't be used for OTA.

Unless it's ALREADY set to "no dish." Which isn't very likely.

There's other good info in that thread, so if you have one of these boxes you might want to read through the entire thread.

BTW, you don't need the remote to set up and use the SIR-TS360 for OTA. The buttons on the front will get you where you need to go and will also change the channels. Of course, you do need a remote to change the channels from your easy chair or sofa. I suspect, but do not know for sure, that most universal remotes would work the box for changing channels.

Max, Thanks for the good info. Thinking about buying one.

How is the sound volume on the TS360????????

I have a Hisense hooked up to my TV and the sound on HD is very low with both the TV and the box turned to full volume. The TV with out the box is very loud.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)