Using same cable for 522/322?

Swish

Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
I have 4 TVs. I was planning to sign up for DHA, one 522, and one 322.

I have a problem though. Drilling new cable to the second TV from each dual tuner receiver would be difficult (two-story house) and expensive, so that is not going to be an option. I could get all single tuner receivers, but that would be additional $15.00 a month I would rather not have to pay. So I was wondering if this might be possible.

For each dual tuner receiver, is there anyway that the feed that would serve TV2 could instead be sent back up the same cable that feeds the dual tuner receiver, bringing that back to the cable box, where I could then connect to the cable that serves the room of TV2?

I'm sorry if what I'm asking is not possible or just plain ridiculous but I don't much about it.

I don't know if you could use diplexers here. (I think that's what they're called). I'll let someone else answer for sure, because i'm not 100% on that answer. I think it's possible, though.

Another option is locating the boxes in a central location and feeding all 4 TVs via the cable system. You can use UHF remotes.

mike123abc said:
Another option is locating the boxes in a central location and feeding all 4 TVs via the cable system. You can use UHF remotes.
You would lose all A/V capabilities by just running RF from the receivers. No "S"video or Optical output capabilities except where the receivers are located.

boba said:
You would lose all A/V capabilities by just running RF from the receivers. No "S"video or Optical output capabilities except where the receivers are located.
That, and there are no phone jacks in the closet.

Are the DPP44s not available to all installers yet? I spoke with an installer today that said he didn't know anything about it.

Swish said:
Are the DPP44s not available to all installers yet? I spoke with an installer today that said he didn't know anything about it.

They are still in somewhat limited supply, and it is not clear that Dish will give them out (i.e. you have to buy retail atm).

Probably in a few months Dish will run through their stockpile of switches and will start sending out some of the new DPP stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts