Using UHF remote from 622 for DVR 722 TV1

leftlike945

Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
Hello,

I need some help on this. I just got a DVR 722 which is in inside a cabinet supporting a wall mounted LCD. It is also running in dual mode to my master bedroom. Obviously I'm using the UHF TV2 remote in the master bedroom, but I want to use an extra UHF TV2 remote (from my 622-which had no use because of my harmony) to control the TV1 input on the new 722.

So to sum it all up again I want both TV1 and TV2 o the 722 to use separate UHF "2" remotes on separate remote addresses in dual mode.

Thank you for your help!

If I understand what you are asking to do, the 6.3 uhf pro #2 blue remote can be coded to operate as a uhf remote OR with a key change, as an IR. Where do you wish to use the second #2 remote? In the room with the 722 or at a remote location?

Hello Jerry,

I'm planning to use the second #2 UHF remote in the same room as the 722. However, it must operate in UHF mode because the 722 is somewhat out of sight. There is no way that one could watch the TV1 and use an infrared remote to control the 722. And of course I will have to use the first #2 remote in UHF mode to watch TV in my master bedroom. I hope that clarifies.

Thank you for your help

I just did this and it works. Take out the blue key and slid it "black side up" till you here the first click on the left side, pull the black key out and leave out. go to system info, set to the # 1 code and hit record. it will now say ir/uhf pro band A. There will an empty spot where the key is out.

If the post above doesn't do wahat you want, a replacement 6.3 part #143040 that is supplied with the correct tabs will allow for UHF Pro Band A & B. Follow the instructions that are supplied with the replacement 6.3. The part # is important for proper operation. Look on the back of your spare 622 #2 remote for that #.

I just did this and it works. Take out the blue key and slid it "black side up" till you here the first click on the left side, pull the black key out and leave out. go to system info, set to the # 1 code and hit record. it will now say ir/uhf pro band A. There will an empty spot where the key is out.

It works thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts