Soon is here for new DISH HD?

AT&TDishman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
Indianapolis
So, Wednesday, 9 April, or Thursday the 10th is the day for the BIG HD national rollout for DISH with many HD channels? Hey, that is "soon", isn't it? However, I am not going to bet the farm on it.

BTW, I liked the podcast.

Last edited:
I don't know if I could call it the day for the BIG national HD rollout on Dish as I have no idea how many national HD channels wil be launched, but it would not surprise me to see this be the start of the BIG April national HD rollout. :)

I will say that I have only reported the 10th date (which I have been told a few times now by contacts) becuase a number of CSR's have started telling customers that new HD is coming on the 10th as well. This actually scares me though, as the last time this happned and CSRs started confirming the date it DID NOT HAPPEN.

As I have said many times, if you are on the fence about moving and can stick around to May 1st then you should do so. As I said on the podcast the only folks who are not going to be happy are the folks looking for Speed HD.

I would take what CSR's are saying with a grain of salt. the guy who changes the oil in my car knows about as much as what Dish is rolling out as they do.

But what happens for the people who cant get 61.5 view? i only have a view for the 129

From what I've gathered, National HD channels will be on both 61.5 and 129.

It's the new Local HDs that for the most part been put only on the 61.5.

Please feel free anyone to correct or confirm this.

I believe Dish is saying the 10th however because most people do not manually do updates, instead just waiting for the nightly update. Therefore then, for most people, they will not see the changes manifested until the 10th.

I suspect too that Dish will do a press release on the 9th or the 10th announcing the new channels too.

I believe Dish is saying the 10th however because most people do not manually do updates, instead just waiting for the nightly update. Therefore then, for most people, they will not see the changes manifested until the 10th....
New Dish channels don't require a firmware download to appear on your STB. Whenever the channel flag in the uplink changes to "Available", they'll show up in the EPG, as long as you're a sub to the appropriate package.

New Dish channels don't require a firmware download to appear on your STB. Whenever the channel flag in the uplink changes to "Available", they'll show up in the EPG, as long as you're a sub to the appropriate package.

Sweet ... you learn something new everyday! :up

anyone know what channels listed for the 9th/10th are? i recall the big overall list of potentials, but if this 9th/10th thing does happen i wonder what we will get?

anyone know what channels listed for the 9th/10th are? i recall the big overall list of potentials, but if this 9th/10th thing does happen i wonder what we will get?

Any of the channels mentioned on Charlie Chat would be my guess.

I don't want to get my hopes up, knowing Dish, but I'd really like to see Smithsonian HD. I was in D.C. two weeks ago, and walked around the Natural History Museum on the Mall. I try to do that whenever I'm there, but this time was better because my wife was with me. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)