Soon is here for new DISH HD?

I don't know if I could call it the day for the BIG national HD rollout on Dish as I have no idea how many national HD channels wil be launched, but it would not surprise me to see this be the start of the BIG April national HD rollout. :)

I will say that I have only reported the 10th date (which I have been told a few times now by contacts) becuase a number of CSR's have started telling customers that new HD is coming on the 10th as well. This actually scares me though, as the last time this happned and CSRs started confirming the date it DID NOT HAPPEN.

As I have said many times, if you are on the fence about moving and can stick around to May 1st then you should do so. As I said on the podcast the only folks who are not going to be happy are the folks looking for Speed HD.

Scott, if you believe 4/10 is it, why the 5/1 date? What is the significance of 5/1?

Also will all the new HD's be available in the $30 HD pack? If they do that I will consider adding DISH back just for the HD's to supplement my DirecTV HD's, which will actually make the HD pack only $25 for me because I will not have to pay DirecTV $5 for the HD extra pack, and I don't mind getting all the VOOM channels back either.

Well, one out of 2 wouldn't be too bad. Still, would be nice to see F1 in widescreen.

Ted
I hear you. Would be nice if they telecast the World Feed in letterbox like they do with DTM. That is what the aspect button is for.

And Scott, I assume it was you who provided the info about the Fox News lawsuit, thank you. I would not mind if Dish dropped Fox News altogether. It used to be a good news source. I especially liked Neil Cavuto's business show. But now his show contains a half hour of celebrity trivia. I do not care if some actress lives or dies or is in rehab. I do care about what is happening in the markets here and abroad and want this news delivered without spin. If you listen to most of economic news right now it is all doom and gloom. Most readers of this board who have a stake in the game are watching their portfolios grow. The only exception is real estate. Any one with half a brain pulled out of real estate by 2004 when it was evident the bubble was going to burst. And many of those who did not made so much money that loses were far outpaced by profit. Business news hits in the wallet were it counts.

I will be sticking with E* at least until my Center Ice package expires (mid-June or so), which will give E* plenty of time to light up more national HD. As Scott said wait it out until May 1.

As far as this week for some new national HD ?.......It does sound hopeful but past experience makes me skeptical.

Will anything be available this week?

Like many of you, I have been waiting for the new national HD channels. I've also been reading the "Will XXX HD be available this week?" threads.

In the past, when Dish was going to activate a new channel, I thought they would start sending a signal on the proper channel (satellite, transponder) but make it unavailable for a week or so. That gave their engineers a chance to make sure everything was good to go and then it was made available. Digiblur and others could see that a live signal was on the channel but no one could view the channel until someone "flipped the switch".

From the latest uplink reports I've seen, no national HD channels are being tested. If new channels were added this week, wouldn't the soonest we'd get them is in next week's changes?

I'm just trying to understand the process and guarding myself for another disappointing week.

// Scott A

Scott, if you believe 4/10 is it, why the 5/1 date? What is the significance of 5/1?

He said that 4/10 (or 4/9 on the Wed. uplink) would be the start of the national HD rollout. That would imply that not everything they're planning to do this month will be happening this week.

Prolly just the 5 they been testing for a month..
Tennis,MGM, Smithsonian, Mojo and WFN all pretty much niche channels...

He said that 4/10 (or 4/9 on the Wed. uplink) would be the start of the national HD rollout. That would imply that not everything they're planning to do this month will be happening this week.

Actually, he said he wouldn't be surprised if it was the start of the national HD rollout.

The only specific implication Scott has made is that there would be new national HD by May 1. Not this week, not next week (necessarily).

I figure if you are a Dish sub and are willing to take a 50-50 chance of there being new national HD by May 1st you should stick around.

God I hope World Fishing Network HD gets lit up soon. It BETTER be included in these new channels.

We already missed the first HD episode of the 4th season of "Fishing with Guns", Chuck better get his act together or I'm gonna rip my dish off the roof and use it as a bowl for nachos as I watch TV with a paperclip stuck in the back.

God I hope World Fishing Network HD gets lit up soon. It BETTER be included in these new channels.

We already missed the first HD episode of the 4th season of "Fishing with Guns", Chuck better get his act together or I'm gonna rip my dish off the roof and use it as a bowl for nachos as I watch TV with a paperclip stuck in the back.

I almost busted a gut reading this!

Also will all the new HD's be available in the $30 HD pack? If they do that I will consider adding DISH back just for the HD's to supplement my DirecTV HD's, which will actually make the HD pack only $25 for me because I will not have to pay DirecTV $5 for the HD extra pack, and I don't mind getting all the VOOM channels back either.

I think many are misunderstanding the wait before you jump May 1st message from Scott. What he is saying is wait until May 1st. He predicts there will be new HD between now and then. If you do not see new HD between now and then then go ahead and jump ship or whatever you would like to do based on your individual situations.

Scott, you never should have let Pavlov join Satelliteguys. He's making the other members salivate all over the forums again :)

Scott, you never should have let Pavlov join Satelliteguys. He's making the other members salivate all over the forums again :)

Instead of the "DING" of the bell he used to make the dogs drool, around here its "SOON" and everyone loses their mind. (me included...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)