Soon is here for new DISH HD?

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So that's USA-HD (H.264). What's it say for 9432 (SciFi)?

Here is SCIFI HD...

My wife just called me and yelled at me as the audio from these channels was playing over the computer at home. (I guess the audio is in the clear)

Attachments

• scifihd.jpg
    scifihd.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 476

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Anyone think Scott is keeping up interest in the uplink reports so that he can sell more banner adds given the inevitable jump in page hits?

I sure hope this is true, but I am not holding my breath.

Unfortunately, I may be leaving anyway without Speed. And I just heard that Speed HD on Dish is well and truly dead until local channel re-ups come up.

Those of you in the Major Markets who are NFL fans may want to look into OTA. Anyone know when those contracts come up?

Adios! and with that attitude, please let the door hit you on the way out!

MikeF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 2, 2003
I am at work and can't check out the podcast. What is the deal with no SpeedHD? Ant National HD is cool but SpeedHD is a deal breaker with me. I would have already been gone over it but for one reason. My phone company is getting ready to rollout the HD offerings in their package along with a dual tuner DVR. I would get their stuff over fiber and it comes with locals from not only Topeka, my DMA, but also KC and Wichita. I have been with E* for a long time and I love the 622, but if one of your favorite passions is racing SpeedHD is a very big thing.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Again...

Dish is being sued by FOX for not carrying the Fox News Channel in its lowest package (AT100), Fox also owns Speed Channel. I don't expect to see Speed HD or Fox Business Channel until after that lawsuit is setteled. (and it could be awhile.)

nlk10010

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 10, 2004
Nassau County NY
Anyone think Scott is keeping up interest in the uplink reports so that he can sell more banner adds given the inevitable jump in page hits?

-snip-

I don't think you're a bad person, but no, I don't. I do think Scott believes in Dish and anytime he gets some information that might indicate we're getting new channels he puts it out there, but that's OK.

And, as you pointed out, the slots going live doesn't necessarily mean much. Haven't TennisHD, MOJO-HD (ugh!), etc. been carrying live signals for at least a month now?

medievil

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 2, 2008
So, if I have 110, 119, and 129 now, how do I get 61.5? Or do those 3 "cover" 61.5? :confused:

Currently 61.5 and 129 are mirrors (Except locals and a few specilized channels).. National HD content is the same...I can hit either one if I need it....(once they do the eastern arc thingy)

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
Well either way it looks like we might have a chance to see BSG in HD.. :)

Charlie is SO messin' with you... ;)

I can't wait for the mass whine when DISH subscribers miss another episode of BSG in HD.

Ted

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I can't answer that. I haven't figured out how to get TSreader to work with my DPP44 switch so I can only see 110.

I told you guys I was green on this TSREADER stuff. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)