Using Voom Remote for 4DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Question will the Voom remote operate the satellite function on the 4DTV. My 922's remote is dying and I need to get a cheap replacement. I see Mike Kohl sells these for $10.00. If it can operate all the 922 important functions it's a great deal.

Anyone with one of these can you try all the buttons and see if one brings up the satellite menu.

Thanks.

yes it will work with the 4DTV...and the 410 or any Motorola receiver

As for the "special functions" from an ebay page

You are bidding on a brand new Motorola IR Remote which fully operates the 4DTV models 920, 921 and 922. Page down is SAT button and Back arrow up is the GO Back function.

Also operates all Starchoice receiver models 315 205 410 411 421C 421B 301 401 305 405 451. This remote is UNIVERSAL and allows progamming to operate TV as well.

Programming tip: Press the TV and OK buttons together until the remote light stays on. Alternate pressing ch+ and mute buttons until TV shuts off (or try the 3 digit code below for your TV brand). This could be quite a few times. Press the TV button to store the code as soon as the TV shuts off.

Red is INTERESTS, Green is BROWSE, Yellow is PPV, Blue is OPTIONS, FAV is FUTURE

There is an INFO button.

take it for what its worth ;)

I remember the remote for my Voom receiver worked on my 4D IR receivers OK. The 922 has the UHF capability also.

My 410 remotes also function fine, they are more closely related and even look very similar, just smaller.

It was more of a problem in reverse. The Voom remote green button is necessary when accessing the installers menu on the Voom box and nothing similar is on the 4D remotes or universals. Like the time button on the 4200V. Closest to that is a Primestar "buy" button or PPV button on some of the GI series of STBs.

I use an old Primestar remote with my DSR-920. It's the one with the multi-colored "news" "sports" "music" etc buttons. The "menu" button in the middle, brings up the satellite select screen, and you can arrow up/down/side to the one you want and hit "enter" to go to the new bird. Works OK, but I need my DSR-4200V remote to acces the "options" menu since the P* remote can't (or I haven't figured out how yet) :D
I use a Voom remote (thanks Ice!) for my DSR-410.

I tried something with my remote tonight. I changed the receiver address to A2 vs default A0 and set the remote to it. So far it's still working. I noticed that the micro in the remote had 4 pins with looks like pull up or down resistors. I'm wondering if each pin is for a different address and the default A0 register is corrupted or a bad memory spot. This all started after we had that wicked storm last Wed with massive lightning strikes flooding and 90 mph winds. Could my remote have taken some kind of static hit the screwed up th A0 register on the chip? I don't know but am trying what ever at this point. I wanted to call ATS today and ask them a few things but didn't get a chance. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to call.

I will update status here, although with my luck lately though I don't expect the address change to fix it. :( one can always hope.

update

So far the A2 seems to be working... Well it hasn't messed up yet. Makes no sense except that maybe each address A0-A3 has its own routine of codes stored in different places on the chip . Maybe there is a bit corrupted in my A0 routine.

What is the remote number for your 4200V. I have one with no remote and am trying to find one. But I haven't been able to figure out what model remote it is.

FWIW, the One For All URC-10820N has codes for 4DTV built in. It is a universal IR learning remote that has 10 device capability and only costs about $20-25. I couldn't find a key for "Options" (gave up looking after a short while - it may actually have one somewhere) so I learned that 1 function/key into the URC-10820N from my OEM remote.

DRCars

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)