USTVNOW

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Just a heads up... they offer a 45day free trial (ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC, PBS and MyTV). It seems someone over there got the message and opened up the bandwidth as the network feeds during primetime are now pretty good/near HD quality. I was quite surprised while horsing around with the Roku over the weekend.

Cheers, K

I had USTV now when I first got the roku,then they went to paid only version on the roku.Do you guys have a sub for it?

Nice to see another Eagles fan here,yesterday was a rough day though.

This must be a private channel because I don't see it anywhere in the channel store. Just curious, what city do they use for the locals?

Does it actually stream live TV or just TV episodes available on those channels' websites?

Okay... this looks awesome. But how are they doing it? How come networks did not sue them like they did with Aereo?

Am assuming its because the service is meant for people "outside" the US. Also, the USTVNOW isnt redistributing the OTA feed like Aereo.

When you sign up even for the free service, you have to be outside the U.S. Well, let me rephrase, you must have an IP that is outside the U.S.
Once you have signed up, the IP you are signing in from does not matter.

Am assuming its because the service is meant for people "outside" the US. Also, the USTVNOW isnt redistributing the OTA feed like Aereo.

Do they check IP address to verify you are NOT in the US? USTVNOW I mean.

When you sign up even for the free service, you have to be outside the U.S. Well, let me rephrase, you must have an IP that is outside the U.S.
Once you have signed up, the IP you are signing in from does not matter.

I see. ;) Thanks!

Do you people who use this service not get ota networks through an antenna? I can see the point of this for people who are outside the USA and want to watch US networks or live in an area that lacks channels. But if you can get those networks with an antenna, what's the point? Something to fool around with?

For me one word,but you have to guess the word.Starts with F ends with L.

For me one word,but you have to guess the word.Starts with F ends with L.

falderal, falderol, familial, fanciful, farcical, farewell, farnesol, fastball,
fauteuil, feastful, fentanyl, festival, fiducial, filarial, fimbrial, fireball,
firehall, firewall, fishbowl, fishkill, fishmeal, fishtail, fissural, flavanol,
flavonol, flexural, flywheel, folderol, fontanel, foosball, football, footfall,
foothill, footwall, forbidal, forceful, forefeel, foresail, forestal, foretell,
forkball, forksful, fornical, freewill, fruitful, fucoidal, funereal, furfural,
fusional, fecal, feral, fetal, final, flail, focal, frail, frill,
fugal, fusel, fusil, fuzil, fractional, fragmental, frictional, functional, fungicidal,
faecal, fallal, fardel, farfal, farfel, faucal, faunal, fecial,
fennel, ferial, ferrel, festal, fetial, feudal, fibril, filial,
finial, fiscal, fitful, floral, fodgel, foetal, fontal, formal,
formol, formyl, fossil, foveal, frazil, frijol, frivol, frugal,
fulfil, fungal, funnel, factual, falafel, fantail, fascial, fateful, faucial, fearful, federal,
felafel, femoral, figural, finical, fistful, flannel, floatel, fluidal,
fluvial, forkful, formful, foxtail, fractal, fresnel, fretful, frontal,
fulfill, funeral, futural

I give up.. which one?

Do you people who use this service not get ota networks through an antenna? I can see the point of this for people who are outside the USA and want to watch US networks or live in an area that lacks channels. But if you can get those networks with an antenna, what's the point? Something to fool around with?

Anytime I can defeat the Networks blocking me from watching other DMA affiliates, I do it...... Just because. And also I like seeing news or local programming from other parts of the Country, sometimes live. Maybe coverage of the wildfires in California, and I"m always ready for a nice car chase in L.A....... :)

I am 40 miles from the Los Angeles antennas and behind a mountain. The only channel I could get is PBS from Riverside.

falderal, falderol, familial, fanciful, farcical, farewell, farnesol, fastball,
fauteuil, feastful, fentanyl, festival, fiducial, filarial, fimbrial, fireball,
firehall, firewall, fishbowl, fishkill, fishmeal, fishtail, fissural, flavanol,
flavonol, flexural, flywheel, folderol, fontanel, foosball, football, footfall,
foothill, footwall, forbidal, forceful, forefeel, foresail, forestal, foretell,
forkball, forksful, fornical, freewill, fruitful, fucoidal, funereal, furfural,
fusional, fecal, feral, fetal, final, flail, focal, frail, frill,
fugal, fusel, fusil, fuzil, fractional, fragmental, frictional, functional, fungicidal,
faecal, fallal, fardel, farfal, farfel, faucal, faunal, fecial,
fennel, ferial, ferrel, festal, fetial, feudal, fibril, filial,
finial, fiscal, fitful, floral, fodgel, foetal, fontal, formal,
formol, formyl, fossil, foveal, frazil, frijol, frivol, frugal,
fulfil, fungal, funnel, factual, falafel, fantail, fascial, fateful, faucial, fearful, federal,
felafel, femoral, figural, finical, fistful, flannel, floatel, fluidal,
fluvial, forkful, formful, foxtail, fractal, fresnel, fretful, frontal,
fulfill, funeral, futural

I give up.. which one?

Foosball of course!:D