Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
What a great service this is. I am glad I still have satellite as I came home last night to watch TV and found all channels to be highly pixelated, with the picture freezing and on a few occations the receiver rebooted! None of the channels were watchable for more then a few seonds before pixel blocks appeared on the screen.

I don't believe its a problem with my equipment or at my house, as when I access video on demand all video on demand programs play fine with no breakup or pixelation.

I woke up this morning and it was the same way, so I called into AT&T for support and was greeted that they are closed on Sundays.

I am in Newington just off Main Street.

What a great service AT&T. (Not) I did submit a support ticked on the Uverse website, however when I try checking on the status of my ticket I am told their server can not process my request at this time.

I think AT&T needs to compete with the triple play but I have to agree with Wall Street that they are better off purchasing a satellite company and delivering video that way instead over existing copper. It should get better but I just dont see this getting the internal money and support to do it right. Providing support on a Sunday is part of the equation. Dont roll a basic service out if you cant match sat or cable companies. Forget the technology. You will fail. Joe old school TV watcher aint gonna put up with it.

I got to say it.

AT&T's customer service in the tech support sucks.

First I can't reach anyone on Sunday because their phone system says they are closed.

So then I submit a ticket via their website and they dont reply to it, they dont call about it, they just close it.

Report Number: F00095111
Report Date: 02/18/2007 9:25 AM Central Standard Time
Report Origin: Web Report Status: Closed
Category: Trouble Management
Service Type: AT&T U-verse TV
Problem Category: Not on site to troubleshoot

First off when I submitted the ticket I gave them an alternate phone number to reach me at, that number is not listed in the ticket, instead my main home number is.

Secondly it says, Not on site to troubleshoot

This is BS, my wife was home all day and no one called eaither number there is also no record of them calling eaither line on the caller id for any of them.

Great job AT&T. As much as I hate to say it the way things are going now Uverse may be gone by the time we reach the end of our 2 month free trial.

AT&T is going to take it in the shoot for this half-assed implementation of a fiber network and video service. I've been hoping for some competition to Cablevision in my neighborhood, but it looks like it won't be coming from AT&T. "Closed on Sundays"? From a national telecom company? That is the second-most ridiculous thing I've heard (the most ridiculous thing was that AT&T wasn't bringing fiber right to the premises).

thing I've heard (the most ridiculous thing was that AT&T wasn't bringing fiber right to the premises).

Well thats not all true..
Was talking to a AT&T rep and they told me that fiber will be run to new house hook up.( pole to house )

Yes the problem was fixed but the problem was not at my house. Video on Demand was coming in great, all other channels were highly pixelated freezing with constant audio dropouts.

AT&T never did anything nor did they try to contact me except for a survey asking me how I liked tech support.

I've had AT&T (SBC) DSL service for a number of years and their normal tech support stinks. Thank god that over at www.dslreports.com there's the AT&T (SBC) Direct forum where you can post problems to techs directly and bypass the script kiddies. It would be nice if something like that also was implemented for the UVerse customers.

Was talking to a AT&T rep and they told me that fiber will be run to new house hook up.( pole to house )

Not always true. At some locations AT&T (SBC) was using FTTH for new subdivisions but then again sometimes not. Just bought new house in new subdivision and we have good old copper here and no sign of UVerse being installed anywhere in it.

All lies my friend...I was told the same and then the tech said they had to use copper wiring to get to my house since the company did not extend the fiber optics cables to my house already.

They all screwed up the order and the free two month trial by setting us up with the basic package. Now we have to wait two more business days until they can get the paperwork through the system.

Thus far, the Internet connection has been very spotty. The DSL we had ran without a hiccup unless there was a power outage. Now, the WiFi will turn off periodically with the rest of the network.

So far, it looks like we will be switching back.

Fiber to prem is not anywhere near as large an undertaking in new developements as it is in existing areas of a city .

That is why AT&T is using the VRAD cabinets as a next step to getting fiber closer to the prem .

Wyr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts